Southern Grind sold to Diamondback Firearms

I was browsing House Of Blades on March 29, 2021 when I came across Southern Grind. Did a LOT of research (as best as I could on the web). They seemed to be well thought of as far as I could tell.

House Of Blades had two Spider Monkeys left, both special runs for House Of Blades. Only difference between them and the standard Spider Monkeys were that they had blue textured G-10 scales.

As many of you know I’ve only been at this for a month. I gave House Of Blades a call just to make sure the advertised price was in fact correct. He confirmed that it was, and they were blowing them out after they had been at a large gun/knife show the previous weekend in Dallas.

A $150.00 later it was mine. I felt that was a good price, but who knows, or cares? Mine is S/N 1880.

Mine is absolutely perfect in every way. Not excited about the proprietary hardware, but I now have the spanner bit, just in case.

It’s a shame they sold out. I might remove his music from my iPod. :p

I bought the house of blades exclusive too sometime in March. It was too good of a deal to pass up, especially for blue g10 imo, and those are the only reasons I own a SG knife. We probably bought the last few. The HoB dude is pretty cool too, I’d do business with them any time.

I grabbed a copper Spider Monkey because I wanted a knife with copper scales. That was before there were a lot of aftermarket copper scales readily available for other knives. I like the knife except for the clip and proprietary screws. Great fit & finish. I tried to sell it last year but was on the fence about it. Luckily no one grabbed it.

Mistman68 Mistman68 , where did you get the T6 screws for it? Are they a drop-in part (no modification needed)?

E4E65296-380C-45F9-AFEE-528A8274CE5F_zpstwxj1cwz.jpg

I got a set of T6 screws from an Etsy seller, can't remember the name but I just looked and there are a couple different sellers offering them. Mine were direct replacements. Soo much nicer than the snake eye's. I broke 2 of the tools before I got fed up with them.

Search Southern Grind replacement screws.

When Southern Grind knives came out I met the older gentleman in charge of the shop at BLADE. Nice guy & knew what he was doing. I really liked the original knives, but thought they were asking too much money for a new company and the materials used. Always thought if they'd drop the price a bit, they'd of sold more and maybe generated more interest in their knives.
The older man’s name was Rodney Shelton he passed in 2015 . He was the reason why they started the knife shop and his son Scotty Shelton who was friends with Zac and got let go from company a few years ago . I’m assuming probably why he let knife stuff go probably brings up hard memories of people who he was close with who are no longer in his life unfortunately.

The older man’s name was Rodney Shelton he passed in 2015 . He was the reason why they started the knife shop and his son Scotty Shelton who was friends with Zac and got let go from company a few years ago . I’m assuming probably why he let knife stuff go probably brings up hard memories of people who he was close with who are no longer in his life unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that, he seemed a good guy and I enjoyed our conversation.

That all I know, got an email about 6 min ago, don't know anything about DBF. They say all warranties will be honored, so that's good.

I got one good DB, don't know anything about Southern Grind ...

I was browsing House Of Blades on March 29, 2021 when I came across Southern Grind. Did a LOT of research (as best as I could on the web). They seemed to be well thought of as far as I could tell.

House Of Blades had two Spider Monkeys left, both special runs for House Of Blades. Only difference between them and the standard Spider Monkeys were that they had blue textured G-10 scales.

As many of you know I’ve only been at this for a month. I gave House Of Blades a call just to make sure the advertised price was in fact correct. He confirmed that it was, and they were blowing them out after they had been at a large gun/knife show the previous weekend in Dallas.

A $150.00 later it was mine. I felt that was a good price, but who knows, or cares? Mine is S/N 1880.

Mine is absolutely perfect in every way. Not excited about the proprietary hardware, but I now have the spanner bit, just in case.

It’s a shame they sold out. I might remove his music from my iPod. :p

This is the first time that I remember hearing about SG. I was in the HOB browsing around a couple of days ago. They have a lot more knives and stuff than they used to have. I'll have to start stopping in their more frequently.

Southern Grind's social media went quiet after the sale, but has recently become active again. My guess is they're aiming for a re-launch in 2022, probably at SHOT show.

I follow them on Instagram and they post occasionally. It always says a location in Florida under the post, which is where DB is located. I have asked in comments a couple of times if they (DB) have started making the knives, but I never got a response.

Back