Spatula, Spatula! wherefore art thou Spatula?

Crag the Brewer

I make Nice, boring knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've been dreaming of a good spatula for over 5 years.
I feel that I've been needing a real good one for a long time now, without any end in sight..... So....

I decided to make one.... I'm probably 75% finished. I still need to clean up the grind lines, remove some milling marks, touch up the dye on my scales, and make a kydex sheath for It. It's a Real Beast.

Sharpened edge acts as a Cleaver! It sinks in deep with little effort!

Comparison shot...

I still don't know how I want to profile the but? Probably what we are use to...
And I think I will machine a groove into the side, between the slots for a pot lifter? The curve of the underside really positions the other hand nicely, for extra support.
And I'll probably put a small radius for cleaning my grill grates. :)

It is a spatula, obviously...
A cleaver
A cooking surface, acting as a small grill grate.
Bottle opener
Ice breaker
Chisel
Hammer
Grill scraper
Tree Bark scraper
Kindling splitter
Possibilities are endless...ha

I'd love if It could be a real thing....
Otherwise, maybe I'll have to Think about making another for a give-away?
Idk?
Haha/ugh!

Last edited:
Pardon my spatulance, but how would it perform with the handle orientation reversed?

I actually spent a fair amount of time pretending my actual Becker knives were spatulas... I used my Bk9 and played with my hand and thumb orientation. I did the reverse grip on purpose, it felt right. Maybe because of the extra weight? I still need to weigh it, and do the official measurements though.

You called me Out. I wasn't sure if it was going to look funny?

What I'm actually still uncertain is IF I put the sharp beveled edges on the "wrong" side? It made sense to me at first..... But I might of made a left handed spatula?
I need to use it more... It's only been less than a week. I kinda rushed my goals. I wanted Something before the 4th of July..... I'll know what changes, if any before then. :D

Kydex sheath?.:eek::confused::rolleyes::thumbsup:
Well the front, and one side are sharpened. Not exactly razor sharp, but sharper than "normal spatulas"

The sheath will protect the edge when I throw it in my outdoor cooking crate. Maybe with an S hook to hang from the grill?
The tool and hardware is stainless, in case I leave it outside or spill beer on It....haha

Well done Sir...well done!

uTicltI.jpg

Back