Spatula, Spatula! wherefore art thou Spatula?

I actually spent a fair amount of time pretending my actual Becker knives were spatulas... I used my Bk9 and played with my hand and thumb orientation. I did the reverse grip on purpose, it felt right. Maybe because of the extra weight? I still need to weigh it, and do the official measurements though.

You called me Out. I wasn't sure if it was going to look funny?

What I'm actually still uncertain is IF I put the sharp beveled edges on the "wrong" side? It made sense to me at first..... But I might of made a left handed spatula?
I need to use it more... It's only been less than a week. I kinda rushed my goals. I wanted Something before the 4th of July..... I'll know what changes, if any before then. :D

Would it have been possible made sense to run the handle perpendicular to the flat surface, or would that make the cutting surfaces a bad choice? It does seem like the handle should face the sharpened edge, but I suppose that's a secondary use either way. Or are you just holding it upside down in the 2nd picture?

Maybe a tweener handle could be good for some matching beckerized utensils to go with?

I dig it. Well done

I agree with this. I love how this looks, just think the handle orientation would be more fluid reversed.

@tanglediver & bikerector bikerector and GeofS GeofS ....
It's a fair question.
I thought about it a lot, and Still did it on purpose.... Ha.

I'm sure all of you might have a bigger Becker. My largest is a 9....... Grab Yours, flip it over.

Here in this top pic, I'm holding the entire weight of the knife with One finger.... Easily.

You can see how the butt registers against the heel of my palm. It prevents the knife, spatula, whatever.... From torquing out of my hand.

The genius of Ethan's handle design is that it feels great no matter how you grab it... :)

That's Freakn' Awesome, Ive been looking for a spatuler that doesnt bend or flex when I'm mashing down on my meat ball when i'm making smash burgers. This thing would fit the bill. Where do I order? TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!

That's Freakn' Awesome, Ive been looking for a spatuler that doesnt bend or flex when I'm mashing down on my meat ball when i'm making smash burgers. This thing would fit the bill. Where do I order? TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!

I think it's awesome so many of you like it!

And really, a heavy-duty expensive tool like This is pretty justifiable, because it can be used So often! I practically grill out most days. :D

Ethan could do an amazing cookout set!.... (Tongs, knife, spatula)
Hint Hint.

Please don't make Me, make them all....lol

Finishing off the melting of the chocolate, and toasting of the Graham crackers.....

*Marshmallows were toasted on a stick, previously cut with a different Becker.

Perfect for BBQs during the upcoming zombie apocalypse! :thumbsup::D

MMMMMM..... grilled zombie.
nom-nom-nom-oh-did-you-want-some-quick-meme-12942222.png

Back