Spear-Carriers!

Will Power

Gold Member
I've always liked Spear blades, and fortunately they appear on all manner of frames and with variations in the Spear. But, I think they've been a bit neglected and could be regarded as just bit players in the Traditional scene, surely not??

Post your favourite Spears here

KbQgTb3.jpg

Will, I just got this one off the exchange a few days ago, but with the styling of an eighty year old Cut Co, the luscious dark cocobolo and phenomenal walk & talk, this one is already a can't miss keeper.

YJUNgva.jpg

xRGVrS3.jpg

This late '90s vintage, Bill Howard era S&M has one of the most radically beautiful bulbous spear blades I've seen . . .
and those covers: WOW!

8xIGVQA.jpg

Maybe my all-time favorite spear blade, the slender spear on the Curly Zebrawood Queen #06L teardrop.

gjOpMom.jpg

And probably my favorite fixed blade hunter, this custom from Stuart Davenport in high hardness CPM-M4 is a joy to use.

w6Chb8r.jpg

My favorite spear blade knife is the one I'm carrying every day now. It's not exactly beautiful, but it's razor thin with a harder than average heat treatment. Great edge holding. The nail nick is nice and close to the tip, so it's easy to open. Also, it's not one of the more full spear shapes, so it has a nice point to it. Very versatile.

u9WYuy6h.jpg

In terms of aesthetics, my favorite spear is pretty much the exact opposite.

NhVgrmrh.jpg

I've always liked Spear blades, and fortunately they appear on all manner of frames and with variations in the Spear. But, I think they've been a bit neglected and could be regarded as just bit players in the Traditional scene, surely not??

Post your favourite Spears here

KbQgTb3.jpg

That's a stunner, Will!

My favorite lately is a Camillus TL-29 rehandle. Super slicey thin, I don't know if Birdvis reground this blade or that's just how they came, but it's gotta be in the .005"-.009" BTE range. Interesting frame, too - it's approximately GEC 77 length, but 15 breadth. Angelic walk and talk, too.

47587594921_18878f4537_b.jpg

Back