1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Specs on the Green River...finally.

Discussion in 'Turley Knives' started by bindlestitch, Nov 6, 2010.

1. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    So I finally got time to do this thing up.
    Hope you dig it.
    If you don't like to hear someone ramble for nine minutes then it's best to skip this one.:eek:

[youtube]DgyKtuEIsXg[/youtube]

Iz

2. jcl-MD

jcl-MD

Aug 30, 2008
    Very Nice Iz!!
    I should just send you money every week!!

3. IA Woodsman

IA Woodsman

Sep 21, 2009
    Nice work brother. I can't wait to give a few of your newer knives a test run.

4. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    Great stuff buddy, I'm sure that knife is gonna give a real good showing when it comes to the competition.

I'm not sure if I prefer it over the original Gasconade River though as that looked close to perfect to me anyway ;)

I couldn't quite tell in the video, how is the butt cap attached ?

5. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner

Jan 21, 2010
    I cant take it anymore! Iz go ahead and at least put me on the waiting list! I mean I got six months to figure out all the other details on it. I keep going back and forth on handle and pin combos.

6. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    It's hard to see in those pics but here's how it's done.
    I cut a triangular slot in the tang that at it's widest point is slightly less than 1/4". That tapers down to a 3/16" hole on the end. Then I take a two pound sledge and beat in a piece of 1/4" all thread. File down the sides so the scales fit flat, drill and tap a piece of steel and then glue it all up.
    It's a no weld deal and very, very strong. I saw a great tutorial on it at knifedogs.:thumbup:

Cool, man. If you want you can fill out a quote here
    Green river quote
    That way we have a solid time frame and all the general aspects. Don't worry, you can change anything you want up until about a month-ish or so before I start.:thumbup:

Thanks, guys. Glad the vid wasn't to boring.
    Iz

7. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner

Jan 21, 2010
    Done that a while back so that sets you a spot? I just thought that that was a estimate. But that is great b/c now I got about a 2 week jump!!

8. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    No, that's just a quote form. Unless you specifically said you wanted to order the knife then I don't have you on the wait list.
    I can't remember usernames and real names so if you want to pm your real name I can check the list to see if you're on it.
    But yeah, if you didn't give the go ahead then I didn't consider it an order.
    Iz

9. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner

Jan 21, 2010
    Sent you an email with all info on it. If you can get me a cut in line that would be great. About Feb :thumbup::D will be good. lol

10. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Lol. You'll have to talk to the crowd in front of you on that one.:D
    Got 'er, brother.
    Much obliged.
    Iz

11. kahuana

kahuana

May 10, 2007
    Hi Iz, finally got around to checking out the Green River. Nice job on the design and R & D to get to where it is. I agree with the features and your opinion of a field knife. Be in touch. Have a Happy New Year,
    Mike

12. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Thanks, Mike.:thumbup:
    Hope you and yours had a great Christmas and hope you have a great new year, too.
    I also hope you haven't been snowed in. :cool: Wish I could get some more of it sent my way.:D
    Iz

13. skab8541

skab8541

Dec 6, 2006
    Now if we can just get those "knife testers" in the comp. to get with it and finish up so we can see how Iz's Green River does! And I'm willing to bet that Iz would love to have his knife back to already!

14. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner

Jan 21, 2010
    I know that everyone is anxious to see the results of that comp. me included. But man did those fella bite off a lot to chew at the holidays, and they are incouraging more to enter!! Yea I bet since Iz gave the orginal away that he is jonesing for that GR back :thumbup:

15. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    It looks like they're starting to get rolling with the test now.:thumbup:
    It should be cool to see what the results are for sure, I'm looking forward to it.
    Iz

16. wildmike

wildmike

Nov 17, 2007
    Iz I really like that design. Especialy the reinforced pomell!! I haven't had one of those on a knife since my USAF pilots survival knife. I miss it. I used that knife as a chisel to cut a hole through a door for a log cabin. Didn't damage the knife either.

17. wildmike

wildmike

Nov 17, 2007
    Iz I just tried to send a quote form from the link above. It gave me a message saying the form I attempted to submit was not properly generated. Hope you got it.

18. skab8541

skab8541

Dec 6, 2006
    Mike ya know he can put a pommel on alomst all of his knives, (it will cost ya though, takes a lot more labor he say)

But I love my modified Dogwood with brass pommel!

19. wildmike

wildmike

Nov 17, 2007
    That's a thought!!

20. bindlestitch

bindlestitch

Oct 23, 2006
    Thanks, Mike. I appreciate it.
    I'll check in on the quotes tonight and let you know if I didn't get it.
    Or you can fill out another one if you want just to make sure.:thumbup:
    Iz