Spur some discussion with your pics

Criswell 26" blade
criswell.jpg

Sweet, really like that photo! Natural sunspot off the blade or an addition? Either way, wicked look!

Sweet, really like that photo! Natural sunspot off the blade or an addition? Either way, wicked look!

Thanks Moblues! There was a sunspot but it was only a washout on the blade at that spot so I add a photoshop one and pulled it back a little so it was not so bright to cover it up...

Anyone interested in close to authentic and traditionally made as possible medieval swords, cutlasses, rapiers many other types of europeon swords etc for very reasnable prices you can't beat Dr. Jim Hrisoulas at www.atar.com he has made swords for many movies,wrote many instructional books. taught many smiths how to forge and make pattern welded blades.This is were I would go before plunking down thousands of dollars on some of the swords I've seen offered from various places.

Anyone interested in close to authentic and traditionally made as possible medieval swords, cutlasses, rapiers many other types of europeon swords etc for very reasnable prices you can't beat Dr. Jim Hrisoulas at www.atar.com he has made swords for many movies,wrote many instructional books. taught many smiths how to forge and make pattern welded blades.This is were I would go before plunking down thousands of dollars on some of the swords I've seen offered from various places.

"Photos Spur some discussion with your pics"...I'm waiting to see your Hrisoulas owner photos:thumbup: I've always been interested in his stuff!

I really like that Basket-hilted broadsword - Eljay I presume???

That small sword looks very nice as well.

Some good collections keep em coming.

PS. I am waiting on a custom mortuary from Armour Class, hope to post some pics before Christmas.

PPS. Am also planning another Jian from Master Chen - Zubeng Forge

Here area few of mine. Sorry about the poor picture quality. These are all from the Philippines.

1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought I'd throw this number out there. Its a pretty plain sword I made in college in my studio apartment with some pretty basic toolsl. The grip is an old piece of apple wood that had been following me around for some years, wrapped in copper wire and leather. The blade was tempered in my gas oven and I "quenched" the cutting edge by running it along a wet paper towel wrapped around a bunch of ice cubes. The results of that tempering were suprisingly good. The blade is 23 inches and 31 1/2 inches overall. The sheath is just plain leather with a belt loop. I do plan on making a wooden sheath one day, but not sure how yet.

Saber_by_angusman219.jpg

Saber_2_by_angusman219.jpg

Back