Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

The marketing here is genius. Rather than making 10,000 and letting home sell in a calm fashion, they make them 500-1200 (and some far more) at a time and get the beanie baby frenzy going, and then can just make more whenever they want - nothing is limited.. I get why kids go for this but can't say that I would have predicted that so many adults play along. I have plenty of sprints myself so I'm just as guilty as anyone...just funny.
I dont believe sprint runs are ever manufactured again, however dealer exclusives are. I dont believe there was ever a second run on a sprint Spydie, so it does make them pretty limited and pretty collectible.

But that also goes for anything discontinued. Plenty of regular production Spydies that are now discontinued are going for some pretty serious prices out there.

Not just knives, cars guns money even fucking stamps that you cant find anymore.

Edited for words

Last edited:
These were in stock at some dealers:

• Para3 CTS-204P Forest Green G-10 C223GPGR KnifeWorks (USA)
  • ParaMilitary2 CPM-S45VN Forest Green G-10 (Diamond Arc Pattern) C81GPFGR2 Sprint Run (USA)

223GPGR.3__76558.1586286614.jpg

223GPGR.8__55596.1586286614.jpg

81GPFGR2__70844.1587496310.jpg

81GPFGR2.1__43533.1587496310.jpg

I dont believe sprint runs are ever manufactured again, however dealer exclusives are. I dont believe there was ever a second run on a sprint Spydie, so it does make them pretty limited and pretty collectible.

But that also goes for anything discontinued. Plenty of regular production Spydies that are now discontinued are going for some pretty serious prices out there.

Not just knives, cars guns money even fucking stamps that you cant find anymore.

Edited for words

The exclusives go out the door in minutes as well. And, I won't mention the specific dealer as I don't want to ruffle feathers, but one dealer did a very hot exclusive not too long ago and they sold WAY more of them than anyone would guess based on the usual 500-1200 sprint expectation. The exclusive was in stock for more than a day, and it's not because it wasn't crazy popular. So, I guess it's one thing when St. Nick's says something like "500 available" (random example) and another thing then the psychology of all of this makes people rush to buy an exclusive that they think is somehow made in similarly small numbers when it's not (and reorderable). All my personal opinion. Obviously Spyderco can sell what they want and people can buy what they want. Just seems like the more limited sprint market primes the exclusive market, when there is actually zero exclusive about owning an exclusive.

The exclusives go out the door in minutes as well. And, I won't mention the specific dealer as I don't want to ruffle feathers, but one dealer did a very hot exclusive not too long ago and they sold WAY more of them than anyone would guess based on the usual 500-1200 sprint expectation. The exclusive was in stock for more than a day, and it's not because it wasn't crazy popular. So, I guess it's one thing when St. Nick's says something like "500 available" (random example) and another thing then the psychology of all of this makes people rush to buy an exclusive that they think is somehow made in similarly small numbers when it's not (and reorderable). All my personal opinion. Obviously Spyderco can sell what they want and people can buy what they want. Just seems like the more limited sprint market primes the exclusive market, when there is actually zero exclusive about owning an exclusive.
The exclusive part is in reference to the specific knife setup a dealer requested, nothing to do with owning it. You wont see a 4V/red g10 model from anyone but St Nicks.

Youre correct in that the collectibility of Spydercos is completely unique per individual and how much value they put on finding all the harder to find models and putting them all in one place (also known as a collection).

Does the sprint market fuel this collectibility? Of course because youre taking a regular model, making it totally unique, and producing limited numbers.

But as i said before, there are a ton of discontinued production models that are also extremely collectible and people are willing to pay more than some sprints in specific cases.

The exclusive part is in reference to the specific knife setup a dealer requested, nothing to do with owning it. You wont see a 4V/red g10 model from anyone but St Nicks.

Youre correct in that the collectibility of Spydercos is completely unique per individual and how much value they put on finding all the harder to find models and putting them all in one place (also known as a collection).

Does the sprint market fuel this collectibility? Of course because youre taking a regular model, making it totally unique, and producing limited numbers.

But as i said before, there are a ton of discontinued production models that are also extremely collectible and people are willing to pay more than some sprints in specific cases.

I'm aware of all of that. Been a collector for decades and know folks at Spyderco. My point was that the urgent dash for limited Sprint models leads people to dash for non-limited exclusives which are sometimes produced in much higher volumes (and may never be collectable). Any knife can be discontinued and become valuable.

The S45VN models are on my list, and the texturing looks great, but I am disappointed they are not a little greener.

Anyone knows how many of this 4v red PM2 will be available for purchase? 1 or 2 per household?

I wish that PM2 S45VN was going to be around for a while. I love the color and the pattern if the G10.

Me too, I'm counting on the IG crowd to alert me to where they show up, plus get on all their notification lists from the dealers.

New to the blade world - really digging the S45VN and green scale.

I'm curious if anyone knows how many pieces are typically in each sprint run (from historical releases)?

Back