Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Keep missing these Sirens! Curious how rough the G10 texture is...has anyone held one yet?

Wonder if we are talking Emerson level or Cold Steel AK level

Interesting thank you...are we talking American Lawman or AK47?

I would go out on a limb and say it’s one of if not the most aggressive I’ve felt. I’ve had plenty of Emerson’s and Cold Steels over the years but nothing to compare directly to right now.

I like the aggressiveness given the intended use but will likely smooth mine out around the clip.

Thank you...this might need to be one I wait on to see the feedback, Definitely see the point in rough texture.

Any leads on the Watu?
Looks like you can buy it on Knifeworks. I havent been following that model but I just saw it under the new arrivals.

Watu CPM-20CV CF/G-10 Laminate C251CFP (Taiwan) has begun trickling in to dealers.

251CFP__22041.1587145888.jpg

251CFP.1__00066.1587145888.jpg

Ok, this is getting as bad as Great Eastern.

I just ordered a Siren even though I decided I didn’t need a rustproof sea knife.

Maybe I can use it as a kitchen knife thereby justifying the purchase as completely reasonable.

BladeOps just announced PM2 Wave Exclusive. I wonder if Spyderco just going to release new models as exclusives going forward.

SPYC81GPW2Master1200x1200__64406.1587138483.jpg

BladeOps just announced PM2 Wave Exclusive. I wonder if Spyderco just going to release new models as exclusives going forward.

I don't think they'd do that -- just "release new models as exclusives" -- but, if I understand the economics of releasing exclusives, the company ordering the exclusive design has to pay for a specific minimum of knives in cash up front, which I wouldn't hesitate to do in a second, if I had anything to do w/it, as long as it doesn't significantly impair the company's ability to make/sell it's main product lines.

That's a win/win for Spydero.

No risk in the knife not selling out and guaranteed profit upfront for just letting a company design/sell it, which further enhances the company's brand/reputation.

No risk in the knife not selling out and guaranteed profit upfront for just letting a company design/sell it, which further enhances the company's brand/reputation.

Running them as dealer exclusives also has the potential to make the knives more collectible, which itself can increase demand.

I wonder how different steel offerings in these alternative blade styles will be handled in the future.

Back