Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

I gotta ask since I don’t get it. What’s the joke about scoring drywall? Since I actually have with my folder.

And to stay on topic...I can’t wait for the Swick and possibly the K390 Delica haha!

That thread is locked and the topic should die there for now. There's too many strong opinions and there's some who want to make things personal.

That thread is locked and the topic should die there for now. There's too many strong opinions and there's some who want to make things personal.
Oh ok. I apologize. I wasn’t trying to stir the pot or anything. I’ll straight edit it out of my post if you or anyone else thinks that’s the most appropriate thing to do. Was just an honest question.

Is the Autonomy2 a switch blade? I don’t understand all the bits?

Autonomy2 is an Automatic knife (or Switchblade if you want to call it) where the blade automatically opens with the push of a button or pull of a lever. The two styles are Out The Front (OTF) and side opening. Autonomy2 is side opening.

I guess i'll double dip my first post. I'm looking to score my 4th spyderco this Fri with the St nicks frn native 5. Anyone know if this is their first frn exclusive? Would prefer the g10 model (already have frn rex sprint) but who know how long that might be. Anyone notice the copy and paste description for the steel type? Good luck to all with the upcoming exclusives! Thanks RamZar for all the good info on here!

On Sale Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 10:00am Mountain Time: ParaMilitary2 Tanto Black DLC CPM-S30V Blade Black G-10 C81GPTBK2 BladeHQ (USA) for $192.95.

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Tanto-Compression-Lock-G-10-Black-Exclusive-C81GPTBK2-BHQ-99612-jr-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Tanto-Compression-Lock-G-10-Black-Exclusive-C81GPTBK2-BHQ-99612-jr-spine-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Tanto-Compression-Lock-G-10-Black-Exclusive-C81GPTBK2-BHQ-99612-jr-side-large.jpg

Is there any good place to watch for the Para 3 sprint? Just refreshing store pages every so often is driving me nuts

Is there any good place to watch for the Para 3 sprint? Just refreshing store pages every so often is driving me nuts
  • Watch this thread, turn on email notifications, make sure your email pushes notifications to your cell phone. Unwatch unnecessary threads.
  • Go to various retailers and turn on notifications there.
  • Follow those retailers on social media.
  • Remove unnecessary social media notifications.

The first retailer to drop them will likely cause a reply here about the subject. Other retailers will drop theirs in the days and weeks ahead.

The tanto is growing on me, but $192 is a hard sell for a PM2 that is otherwise identical to the base model in terms of materials and finish.

The regular ParaMilitary2 with DLC FFG blade is only $165.20 so the Tanto DLC at $192.95 is $27.75 more. Also, most people find the FFG a lot more useful than a Tanto grind.

I think a lot of people are trying to justify the cost of the tanto by saying that it's a complicated grind. Personally, I think that's a bit silly. Yes, it's a more complicated grind but there are a ton of knives with complex grinds that are sold at low price points. This tanto version is mostly the same as the standard version. I think the pricing is a bit aggressive.
I also don't appreciate the lack of information that comes from BHQ. They seem to be focused on marketing more than anything. They don't even tell customers if there's a satin version coming.

Back