Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

The regular ParaMilitary2 with DLC FFG blade is only $165.20 so the Tanto DLC at $192.95 is $27.75 more. Also, most people find the FFG a lot more useful than a Tanto grind.

I suppose it's not so bad, then, it's just the rapid retail price increases over the past three years have really thrown my perceptions out of whack. Still, I think they could have charged $40 more and used different handle and blade options than standard and sold even better.

Native5 Lightweight CPM-4V Black DLC Blade Red FRN C41PRDBK5 St. Nick's Knives (USA) will be on sale Friday, July 31, 2020 at 12:00pm Central Time.

slideshow_1.jpg

I suppose it's not so bad, then, it's just the rapid retail price increases over the past three years have really thrown my perceptions out of whack. Still, I think they could have charged $40 more and used different handle and blade options than standard and sold even better.

Same here. We've seen in the past where premium or boutique steels are only a few dollars more than their S30V counterparts. Had it been in something less boring than s30v and black G-10 I'd have bought one even if it were more money. Shouldn't be much more because the current price already includes a premium for the tanto, if we are to accept the premise that they cost more to make. I'm dubious.

Reactions: AF
My domain MX is hosted by Office 365 Exchange and I control my own spam, but I wasn't signed up for this one. In the past I get them after they are sold out, same with text notifications. One time I got a notice a day after the knife went live and sold out. Not digging on BHQ, none of them have proven reliable in my experience. Not something I'm going to invest time in solving I've just learned not to rely on them unless it's a regular item waiting for inventory to be refreshed.

I'm pretty sure O365 participates in blacklists like SORBS and the like. I had to get a non-mainstream email to always get these notifications. Most of the time mail providers don't care about the timelyness of you getting your email within a day. So if it's flagged, held from delivery, and then later unflagged and delivered they consider it job well done. Some mail filters drop the message as soon as it reaches threshold and gets flagged so there's no chance for it to be delivered.

Yeah but then you'd get lots of tanto fans complaining it was too expensive and so on.

The only Blade HQ notification I never got was for the REX45/Orange handle PM2 the first time around. That one seemed to sell out before they could even load them on the store. All good though; got the copper one so I do have that steel in a PM2 shape.

I steer all my knife store notifications to my Gmail account instead of my email. I get both on my phone but I get more email during the day so stuff can get submerged. It also looks like the recently added text notifications also.

Signed up to be notified for a Para 3 S45VN by email at REC, got an email this morning, it worked. I got one but I checked again and they were sold out in minutes. Glad I happened to be checking my email. At least this way I might get one. In those heavily advertised pre announcements that crash various websites I feel like the bots are more likely to get one since computers can fill out forms faster than I can click.

These exclusives are/were in stock at named dealers:

• ParaMilitary2 Tanto Black DLC CPM-S30V Blade Black G-10 C81GPTBK2 BladeHQ (USA)
  • Police4 HAP40/SUS410 Pakkawood C07WDP4 KnifeCenter (Japan)

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Tanto-Compression-Lock-G-10-Black-Exclusive-C81GPTBK2-BHQ-99612-jr-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Tanto-Compression-Lock-G-10-Black-Exclusive-C81GPTBK2-BHQ-99612-jr-spine-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Tanto-Compression-Lock-G-10-Black-Exclusive-C81GPTBK2-BHQ-99612-jr-side-large.jpg

SP07WDP4nb.jpg

Not really into the tanto PM2 at that price, but I couldn't pass up the Police model for only $30 or so more.

Got there at 12:05pm and it was sold out. I like the Native 5 LW enough, but really prefer the linerless G10. That is a great little knife. I would be really disappointed if they offered that version at St Nick's and I had missed it.

Back