Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Found the quote from Sal.

Hi Thomson,

Sorry I didn't get to this thread sooner. Hard to get to all of them.

We make knives in Golden, Japan, Italy. China and Taiwan. The knives made in Golden use USA made clips. The flat clips we make in-house. The wire clips are outsourced to a USA maker. Wire clips are shipped to Taiwan and Italy. Stamped clips are usually made in the country of the maker. Screws are from all over.

What else are you interested in knowing? And why?

sal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The goal in life is to be as consistent as the sun and transparent as the air. That's how trust is built".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upcoming Ladybug3 VG-10 Glow-In-The-Dark FRN LPGITD3 Sportsman’s Supply/Moteng (Japan).

Thank you Spyderco and Jordan@DLT for this beautiful Delica cruwear exclusive offering.
A wonderful example and proud to add it to my modest collection. Be careful this baby is so sharp it might cut you just looking at the picture :eek::D
4X1zl6L.jpg

Thank you Spyderco and Jordan@DLT for this beautiful Delica cruwear exclusive offering.
A wonderful example and proud to add it to my modest collection. Be careful this baby is so sharp it might cut you just looking at the picture :eek::D
4X1zl6L.jpg
That's a beauty! The bevels seem on the wide side particularly compared to my k390 Delica. Primary grind possibly thicker or do the bevels seem like they are particularly acute?

That's a beauty! The bevels seem on the wide side particularly compared to my k390 Delica. Primary grind possibly thicker or do the bevels seem like they are particularly acute?
The first thing I noticed out of box is each side is a mirror image. It’s one of if not the sharpest spyderco out of the box.
Hard to get the right angle with the camera but this one has a really nice even grind on both sides. Pictures don’t really capture it evenly until you have it in hand.
XH5II74.jpg

h2Ip1dd.jpg

The first thing I noticed out of box is each side is a mirror image. It’s one of if not the sharpest spyderco out of the box.
Hard to get the right angle with the camera but this one has a really nice even grind on both sides. Pictures don’t really capture it evenly until you have it in hand.
XH5II74.jpg

h2Ip1dd.jpg
Appreciate the pics. Grinds do look very symmetrical Should have mine in hand tomorrow!

I
4X1zl6L.jpg
I got the same CS delica it was my first spyderco. I love those scales so much. I kinda wanted to get the cruwear just to throw those scales on may just be the perfect delica.

How is the quality control on yours? My delica k390 was just about perfect. Sharpest knife from factory ive ever recieved.
I haven't opened the 2nd one but this one isn't even close to being centered but not rubbing against the scales. The grind isn't great but not as bad as my PM2 S45VN. It is very sharp as with all my other Spydercos and Benchmades. I also picked up a Meerkat last week and that's slightly off center but not as bad as the DF2.

pymXvnw.jpg

D8kVbTl.jpg

I haven't opened the 2nd one but this one isn't even close to being centered but not rubbing against the scales. The grind isn't great but not as bad as my PM2 S45VN. It is very sharp as with all my other Spydercos and Benchmades. I also picked up a Meerkat last week and that's slightly off center but not as bad as the DF2.

pymXvnw.jpg

D8kVbTl.jpg

Those plastic scales are flexible enough that makes it super easy to adjust the centering with the commonly suggested trick.

I'm not too concerned. I've never been worried about blade centering as long as it doesn't rub the scales.
Same here it’s just a added bonus :thumbsup:
But for some reason first thing my eyes go to when out of the box is blade centering lol.

I have a question. What is the big deal with the Delica? It's an outdated lockback knife that's overpriced, IMO. What am I missing? I can give the DF2 a pass since it's a small knife but I think the Meerkat with the Phantom Lock is a better small knife. I have a couple of PM2's (M390 and S45VN) and Manix 2's (S90V and 20CV) and like them a lot but some of Spyderco knives seem to be glorified and overpriced gas station knives (yes, I said it :p).

I have a question. What is the big deal with the Delica? It's an outdated lockback knife that's overpriced, IMO. What am I missing? I can give the DF2 a pass since it's a small knife but I think the Meerkat with the Phantom Lock is a better small knife. I have a couple of PM2's (M390 and S45VN) and Manix 2's (S90V and 20CV) and like them a lot but some of Spyderco knives seem to be glorified and overpriced gas station knives (yes, I said it :p).
It’s all a matter of preference and that’s your right to state it. Do I agree absolutely not And for me and many others I’m sure the Delica is not outdated and was and is a benchmark for many other manufacturers imo. It’s light weight for one but you can do what a heavier bulky knife can and some can’t . It’s thin fullflat Blade makes it a slicer like no other and will shame many others. It feels excellent in hand and solid when in use complements of the backlock. Throw in some stellar Blade steel and now you have something even more special. Over priced ? Again I think that’s just your opinion and I personally think it’s a lot of bang for the buck. There is a good reason the Delica has been around for so long and selling well with no need for updates.
Sometimes you can’t reinvent the wheel and this sir is a prime example. It’s amazing how a knife this size can feel so good in hand and rivals many that are larger. Take one for a ride in your pocket and you will forget it’s there and have to do a pocket check to make sure it’s still there periodically :)

The VG10 models are starting to push the value proposition for me as the price keeps rising; the upgraded steel (ZDP, K390 etc) are well worth it though. Don’t discount the Seki models because of the FRN, everything about their build quality and materials is light years ahead of gas station / gerber level.

Back