Spyderco/Buck Mashup Concept

This would be pretty sweet if it was produced by Spyderco with a steel like XHP or 204p or something along those line, but with Buck's warranty policy. Not that Spyderco's warranty is bad.

While on one hand there is something sort of strange about the idea I have to admit that I would be interested in this. I have a nostalgic love for the old 110.

funny...over in buck forum weve been discussing in various threads off topic a 110 with pocket clip, but screwed construction steel frame and clip like a vantage. most dont like it but i sure do.

your version....brass pins dont want, pocket clip isnt the way id want it, and i like spydercos and own many but id rather just have it all buck.

now if it was a spyderco power lock on a 110...screwed construction and better pocket clip....id be all in.

It actually looks great. It is sort of beautiful. However, it would be very heavy for a Spyderco. If that were coated Al or Ti to give it that color, we might be talking something. I do love the brass on the 110 but it will pull down your pants if it is in your pocket.

Cool concept, whilst I like the idea of a one handed opening 110, I'd want something like a mid lock to make for easy one hand closing...this, with tip up and a lightweight handle sure would be interesting.

It would be awesome if Buck ever made a "lite" version of the 110, basically a thinner profile by thinning the bolsters by like half. That would be awesome.

Very, VERY cool looking !
I list to one side when I carry my 110 but maybe if I put this new one in my back pocket.

I wonder if the opening and closing would feel the same as my thirty five year old one (I bought it new back then) ? Nothing like the way it feels.

It would be awesome if Buck ever made a "lite" version of the 110, basically a thinner profile by thinning the bolsters by like half. That would be awesome.

Nah dude, nah.
A 110 has to be thick and beefy.
Hollowed out / drilled out on the inside maybe but thin it is just another knife.

I like it! I agree that it would have to be much lighter than a regular 110.

Back