1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Spyderco/Buck Mashup Concept

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Nic Ramirez, Sep 27, 2017.

1. eon blue apocalypse

eon blue apocalypse

Apr 11, 2015
    I'd be happier if they just made a pm3 with brass bolsters and piano black scales

2. panoz77

panoz77

Feb 3, 2007
    I was referring to the Lite version with the above mashup of the spyderco. Thinner, lighter but same 110 look.

3. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Hey Panoz,

I ran across this and thought you might like it or at least care to look at it (there was not photo):

PS: errrrrr looks like you know about that one. I missed seeing your post above.

panoz77 likes this.
  4. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    panoz77 likes this.
  5. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Make it THINNER than the original and TIP UP.

Nice steel...M4..110..

A 112 version would be sweet too.

Bead blasted Brass with Mircata insert

6. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!

7. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar

Sep 1, 2016
    I felt a great disturbance in the Forum, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear the Buck Subforum has exploded.

Good thing I serve the dark side.

Lee D likes this.
  8. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Unless it was thin like a PM2, it would be too heavy and thick for my tastes.

9. The Deacon

The Deacon

Apr 27, 2003
    IMHO, Spyderco already had a model that, while considerably thinner and lighter, was close enough to the Buck 110. It was called the J.D. Smith...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    I'd buy the one in OP's picture for sure. A black blade to match the handles would sweeten the deal.

11. Jeff O

Jeff O

Feb 29, 2000
    FYI Buck does make an aluminum frame 110. I have a couple of 'em and they feel much lighter than brass. That aluminum frame is just begging for a spyder hole blade.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  12. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    It'd be a hit likely for the novelty of it...

But as Paul pointed out the JD Smith excels over the 110 at everything a knife, being meant to use, is designed to do.

The rear back lock on the 110's require 2 hands to close safely and requires more thumb leverage.

How about a Schempp Bowie with wood scales and top guard milled off like mine?
    [​IMG]

ScooterG likes this.
  13. mael333ca

mael333ca

Jul 5, 2012
    make it a mid-back lock and its a sure winner!

14. ahoward2k

ahoward2k

Sep 20, 2017
    Sal, we need this brought back, the black micarta looks like the perfect gentleman's folder

15. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014

But with a FFG blade. Ide buy it

16. ahoward2k

ahoward2k

Sep 20, 2017
    I like the way you think, doesn't even need to be crazy, vg10 would work great.

Riz! likes this.