Spyderco/Buck Mashup Concept

It would be awesome if Buck ever made a "lite" version of the 110, basically a thinner profile by thinning the bolsters by like half. That would be awesome.

I was referring to the Lite version with the above mashup of the spyderco. Thinner, lighter but same 110 look.

It would be awesome if Buck ever made a "lite" version of the 110, basically a thinner profile by thinning the bolsters by like half. That would be awesome.

Hey Panoz,

I ran across this and thought you might like it or at least care to look at it (there was not photo):

Buck made a slim version of there 110, 37 years ago. It was the 111 Classic w/ aluminum handles. It has a 440C blade. If you care to find that one on the Bay. Copper & Clad currently offers a aluminum frame as well. These would be fine for back pocket carry. DM

PS: errrrrr looks like you know about that one. I missed seeing your post above.

Make it THINNER than the original and TIP UP.

Nice steel...M4..110..

A 112 version would be sweet too.

Bead blasted Brass with Mircata insert

I felt a great disturbance in the Forum, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear the Buck Subforum has exploded.

Good thing I serve the dark side.

IMHO, Spyderco already had a model that, while considerably thinner and lighter, was close enough to the Buck 110. It was called the J.D. Smith...

jd_smith_original.jpg

jd_smith_sprint.jpg

jd_smith_both_closed.jpg

I'd buy the one in OP's picture for sure. A black blade to match the handles would sweeten the deal.

FYI Buck does make an aluminum frame 110. I have a couple of 'em and they feel much lighter than brass. That aluminum frame is just begging for a spyder hole blade.

Last edited:
It'd be a hit likely for the novelty of it...

But as Paul pointed out the JD Smith excels over the 110 at everything a knife, being meant to use, is designed to do.

The rear back lock on the 110's require 2 hands to close safely and requires more thumb leverage.

How about a Schempp Bowie with wood scales and top guard milled off like mine?
It9yG54.jpg

Sal, we need this brought back, the black micarta looks like the perfect gentleman's folder
IMHO, Spyderco already had a model that, while considerably thinner and lighter, was close enough to the Buck 110. It was called the J.D. Smith...

jd_smith_original.jpg

jd_smith_sprint.jpg

jd_smith_both_closed.jpg

Back