Photos Spyderco Color Crazy

smills

Gold Member
I recently realized recently how much I enjoy colorful spyderco scales, but to me they need black blades/hardware to really pop.

Seeing as most don't come that way from the factory, I decided to take advantage of black Friday sales and convert a few of them myself for the collection...

I can't be the only one this oddly particular, right? Right...

Delica1.jpgDelica2.jpgDelica3.jpgDelica4.jpgEndura1.jpgEndura2.jpgPacSalt1.jpgPacSalt2.jpg

Last edited:
I agree the black blade and hardware contrast very nicely with colored scales, and makes the knife look much more high end than it's counterpart. My wife has the black and pink Delica and she has even mentioned how much she likes how it pops.

I prefer non coated blades, but color crazy???

Ummm🤔...

Maybe a little 🤪

noFvJjT.jpg

aUB1ojj.jpg

hzbekoI.jpg

G8Q0foW.jpg

wYWG6ng.jpg

RZwapTH.jpg

QMgONmw.jpg

hTNkSIj.jpg

YwbYU87.jpg

I prefer non coated blades, but color crazy???

Ummm🤔...

Maybe a little 🤪

noFvJjT.jpg

aUB1ojj.jpg

hzbekoI.jpg

G8Q0foW.jpg

wYWG6ng.jpg

RZwapTH.jpg

QMgONmw.jpg

hTNkSIj.jpg

YwbYU87.jpg

You've taken it to another level with the photos. I actually have loved photography for ages, but mostly wildlife. Maybe I'll try my hand at some of these knife shots. Yours are awesome. Love the rainbow paracords also. I really need to learn how to do the weaves/knots. All of the premade ones are lackluster.

At one time, I convinced myself I could like the PM2 if I changed the scales. I went a little steel crazy - buying multiple sprints and SFOs, and buying aftermarket scales for each - only to later accept that I'm just not a fan of that platform.

That translucent manix pic is 🔥

Thanks! I always tote that particular Manix when I visit that alpine lake because the minerals in the glacial water cause it to be such a similar color. The beauty of that spot always makes for good pics. Capturing that prism effect that matches was pure luck, but I'll take it
You've taken it to another level with the photos. I actually have loved photography for ages, but mostly wildlife. Maybe I'll try my hand at some of these knife shots. Yours are awesome. Love the rainbow paracords also. I really need to learn how to do the weaves/knots. All of the premade ones are lackluster.

Thank you for the kind words, my friend. I still have much to learn when it comes to photography, but I enjoy getting out there and taking pics.

The paracord knots are actually pretty simple once you get the hang of it. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube, and a great thread in the General section of the forum. I say give it a shot, and pretty soon you'll be putting them on all your folders 👍

At one time, I convinced myself I could like the PM2 if I changed the scales. I went a little steel crazy - buying multiple sprints and SFOs, and buying aftermarket scales for each - only to later accept that I'm just not a fan of that platform.

I've had a similar experience. I immediately bonded with the Manix, but always felt like I had to force myself to like the PM2. Being such a highly regarded model it seemed like I should own one, but it just never clicked with me when I tried. The funny thing is, I love the Para 3, and even the Stretch which is always said to be so similar to the PM2 🤷‍♂️

Delica Color Wheel Project

IMG_7165.jpgIMG_7166.jpg

Does anybody have a pink/purple or yellow/green Zome for me??

Also, is the yellow Salt the same dimensions as the Delica?

I need professional help at this point.

Last edited:
I almost always buy a colored Spyderco vs black if the option is available.

But I have a couple all black that I really like the looks of.

The Pacific Salt SE, I love how the shiny teeth look on the all black blade.

The PM2 Wharncliffe all black looks good

It isn’t pink/purple or yellow/green but it is a Zome Delica.

Nice. I'm sticking with the more vibrant colors. Would love to have them all, but I've gotta draw the line somewhere as this has all been way too expensive of a project already.

I also have a suspicion that in the near future there is going to be a Delica 5 and then I'll want to start all over again.

Right now I have the yellow salt 2 and the baby blue delica on the way to complete the color wheel. I'm tempted by the burnt orange and darker turquoise blue, but it feels silly at this point.

Then the last ones I would get at this stage are the two zomes I mentioned and the red/black one. I already have the orange/black one. Also slightly tempted by the neon salt 2 green. But resisting for now...

Addiction is a funny thing.

picture149076.jpg

I guess my wife and kids may be color crazy, mine are the boring black ones. Got them all out for a family portrait. Thought about maybe the yellow Stretch 2xl coming out or may add a black blade digi camo Military 2 in the future but for now this is my dream team of Spydercos.

Back