Photos Spyderco Color Crazy

I did a little analysis (color checking in Photoshop). I checked the center of the spider in the logo for both knives. Below are the results. You can see the different component valus of each color. There are the Red, Green, and Blue components of each color along with Hue, Saturation, Brightness, and Luminance. There are also the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and blacK values. Finally, after the Salt 2 and Delica 4, I added the Neon Green from the link for an additional comparison.

Salt 2
Salt 2 Green.png

Delica 4
Delica 4 Green.png

Neon Green
Neon Green.png

Tim gets it.

The two are different. But the Salt isn't as neon as I had hoped. The only question is whether the straight edge actually is neon or it's the same and the picture is just off. I'd rather avoid another order that I need to return. Gonna start getting blacklisted places..

Another question to ask: Is the Salt 2 supposed to be neon green? I thought it was supposed to be green, but not necessarily a neon green. Need to make sure your expectations match reality and you're not chasing unicorns. The online images I've seen on Spyderco.com seem to be an even darker green than your Salt 2. On a slightly different tangent, I wonder how close you could get starting with a yellow FRN and using the RIT dye to try to go neon.

Another question to ask: Is the Salt 2 supposed to be neon green? I thought it was supposed to be green, but not necessarily a neon green. Need to make sure your expectations match reality and you're not chasing unicorns. The online images I've seen on Spyderco.com seem to be an even darker green than your Salt 2. On a slightly different tangent, I wonder how close you could get starting with a yellow FRN and using the RIT dye to try to go neon.

I feel like I've seen reviews where it's super neon. My expectations may be unrealistic. And I'm trying to stick to stock colors for some reason. Although I did buy the extra white manix 2 to attempt to rit dye, so we'll see how that goes one day this week probably.

I did just buy this $50 mint green donor though, so it looks like that'll be coming up next...
IMG_7410.jpg

It isn’t pink/purple or yellow/green but it is a Zome Delica.
sxgRHfK.jpg
I'm reconsidering this also. How much did you want if it's still available?

I feel like I've seen reviews where it's super neon. My expectations may be unrealistic. And I'm trying to stick to stock colors for some reason. Although I did buy the extra white manix 2 to attempt to rit dye, so we'll see how that goes one day this week probably.
Something to keep in mind when looking at review photos, camera and lighting affect how colors appear. As just some examples, consider how different things look on a bright sunny day at noon vs during golden hour just before sunset. If you want to play with this, you could try changing up the white balance in the camera. Natural light, fluorescent lighting, and tungsten lighting all tweak the colors a bit.

Something to keep in mind when looking at review photos, camera and lighting affect how colors appear. As just some examples, consider how different things look on a bright sunny day at noon vs during golden hour just before sunset. If you want to play with this, you could try changing up the white balance in the camera. Natural light, fluorescent lighting, and tungsten lighting all tweak the colors a bit.

Yeah, that's the point I was lazily trying to make. I think my expectations were unrealistic, especially having never seen a green Salt next to a green Delica. Add into the mix varying camera setups and off white balances...

I'll decide this week what I'd like to do with the Salt. Maybe I'll keep it. The color wheel has to keep growing...

After all that back and forth I decided that the green salt earned a spot in the circle (as did the mint green one that I recently found for cheap). I also got a K390 blue, but that one is definitely going back. The color isn't nearly as vibrant as it seems in pictures.

So the only remaining ones to add to the wheel are the burnt orange hap40 sprint run and maybe the all white exclusive if I see them pop up for reasonable prices.
IMG_7480.jpg

The Zome wheel is also starting to form. Soon to come are the green/black and grey/blue. My grail remains the pink/purple if anyone comes across one for sale.
IMG_7481.jpg

Potentially the last update for a while. The only one I'm really hoping to find is the pink/puple zome at this point. Otherwise a reasonably priced burnt orange or the old white one, or maybe the glow in the dark zome. But moving on to other projects for the time being. This has been fun, though.

IMG_7814.jpgIMG_7815.jpg

Back