Spyderco fixed blade knives

I put this up on the Spyderco forum and thought that I should post it here too.

The FB06 and FB07 were Phil Wilson Phil Wilson Fillet knives, but never made it into production.
Not sure what was going on with FB13? You will have to ask Sal on that one.

FB01 Bill Moran

FB02 Bill Moran

FB03 Lum Tanto

FB04 Perrin

FB05 Temperance

FB08 Spot

FB09 Ronin

FB10P Maddox

gosh! you even bought the maddox ???!
that's true loyalty to the brand, right there.
thanks for sharing the sheer awesomeness
of your collection.
what an exceptional treat to savor.

Quite an impressive collection of Spyderco fixed blades, OP. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, now I know why I haven't bought a Lum tanto yet. I've never seen one w/black scales b4; only the burgundy & bluish versions, which I don't like. If I ever see a black scaled version, I'll buy it.

Awesome collection!!!

I was kinda considering the Bow River. I like the handle, sheath, and price. But I hate the blade steel which is why I haven't pulled the trigger.

17 of those models have been in my possession, and one more is on my to-buy list.

Wow, thanks for sharing! There are several models pictured I wish I had grabbed when I had the chance so this thread both gives me joy and sorrow.

I have used a Bill Moran drop point fixed blade since they were first released. The lightweight and nice handle are perfect when hunting, camping, hiking, etc. The sheath is a good one also.

If you have never seen one up close:

The plain edge Jumpmaster is awesome.....Japan only????

TC

Yes, :) it was a lucky find on eBay and it was from Japan.

As far as I am aware, they were sold in Japan only. I heard somewhere that some did make it to the USA.

It seems that when the Japanese parachute from a plane and their parachute lines tangle. They prefer a plain edge blade to cut their lines free, :cool: rather than a serrated blade.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if there is any reason they prefer plain edge vs. the Western serrated for rope?

Back