Spyderco fixed blade knives

Great pics. The Proficient, The Sprig, and the Wilson are calling to me. A few others as well, but those at the top 3 I'd love to get my hands on.

Last edited:
Even with all the newer great fixed blade models that Spyderco has had over the years I'm still in love with the TEMPERANCE 1 models. I've got 4 of them and I consider them "sacred". I have one PE and one SE that I keep close to me at all times and I use the two of them in the kitchen at least 2 to 4 times a week in food prep and various other household chores. I never go hunting, fishing or on any outdoor venture without taking a pair ( SE & PE) TEMP 1 models with me.

Oh how I would love it if they would do a Sprint Run of the TEMP 1 in PE & SE in LC200N. That would make an awesome, affordable outdoor type fixed blade. And to make it available in SE & PE would be great because they just don't make enough of their great fixed blades in PE as far as I'm concerned. The TEMP 1 feels just so natural using it. It's been my fav since I got my very first one in 2004.

I want a sprig! Missed out on then. What a shame

Anyone ever buy a set of the Spyder Throwers -- the Spyderco throwing knives? If so, any comments about weight, balance, sharpness, durability, etc?

The price difference between small $100/med $110/large $120 is negligible. I somtimes need to spend a few more $'s in order to qualify for free shipping on Spyder's site and thought about throwing in a set of these when I come up a few $'s short.

For lack of other info, I'm leaning towards buying the medium set. Think they'd be fun to take on a hike or camping trip or just to throw at a haybale or wooden target set up in the backyard.

Back