Spyderco Knives

Hey guys check it out I just drew a picture of every spyderco ever made:
chinikaylo1

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l533/chinikaylo1/?action=view&current=spyderco.png
:D Im not trying to start a fight here, I actually would rather someone throw me some pictures of spyderco's that arent following that general shape. I love spyderco's build but their style is ugly(to me), so are there any spyderco's with a different design than the norm?

Last edited:
I am so tempted to give you a sarcastic answer, beginning with "what's wrong with the basic Spyderco style anyway" and moving onto "have you seen their ethnic knives, like the Shabaria or Persian".

I'll give you time to learn more on your own. A good place for that would have been the Spyderco forum.

At my age (60) Spyderco was a hard sell since I grew up with the traditional style of knives - Case, Schrade, Gerber, and Puma.

I finally broke down and bought my first Spydie back in the early 90's and the rest is history - I now own over 40 Spyderco's and don't regret buying a one of them.

Last edited:
I was originally put off by their basic shape. The Manix 2 was my first, followed by the Sage 2 which is a similar shape. Now after realizing the ergonomics of the shape/spyderhole of spydies all the shapes are growing on me. I think I need a military, and something in H1.

yep they sure are ugly.. just like glocks.

but they work good and i will keep on buying them, enough said.

as for "different" spydercos, look into the manix 2, and the kukri

also, their fixed blades are rather nice looking.

Im sorry guys I just had too :D but anyway im sure my opinion will change when I get one(and I do plan to)

I love spyderco's build but their style is ugly(to me), so are there any spyderco's with a different design than the norm?

To tell the truth I saw knives, which I think ugly made by almost any production company and some custom maker as well. I love Spyderco build and I also finding some of Spyderco knives ugly. But some of them just blow my mind. this is few of my favorite, but not all

KopaT-560.jpg

Pers79-1.jpg

Dsc_38472.jpg

dP11600192.jpg

P2small.jpg

DSC_0664sig.jpg

P100.jpg

VolpeMir01.jpg

Persian10.jpg

pictures by WhyNot

if you want to see more variety, please follow the link. Just do not blame me on money you will spend.
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20160

Buck 110 and Spyderco Endura are to lockback knives what Colt 1911 and Glock 17 are to semi-auto pistols.

Something is off, i see it, your thumb hole needs to be about about one millimeter larger:p:D.

I really like Spydercos, but I agree, the basic design gets a little monotonous with so many similar models.

I generally feel the same (although to a lesser extent) about Kershaw, Benchmade, Buck, and Case.

Now Victorinox, they don't look alike at all;).

I am so tempted to give you a sarcastic answer, beginning with "what's wrong with the basic Spyderco style anyway" and moving onto "have you seen their ethnic knives, like the Shabaria or Persian".

I'll give you time to learn more on your own. A good place for that would have been the Spyderco forum.

You are a wise person and set a good example for the rest of us. My sarcasm meter went to max and my fingers were twitching, but I have controlled myself.

Im sorry guys I just had too :D but anyway im sure my opinion will change when I get one(and I do plan to)

I'm sure your opinion will change.
Just avoid the sprint runs....you won't like them and I don't need the competition.

(Okay, I didn't totally control myself. ;))

Hi Chinikaylo.

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco will look. ;)

sal

Hi Chinikaylo.

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco will look. ;)

sal

Sal,

I never thought I would own a Spydie because of how ugly they were. I now own two, and still think they are ugly, but I love em as EDC and users because they do exactly what they are designed to do, and they do it superbly. Thanks for making a great product. :thumbup:

To the OP, they are ugly, but they get the job done. No ifs ands or buts. The guy who compared them to Glock is right. They might be ugly, but few things will get the job done as reliably. So ease up on em, like I had to do once I owned a few, and keep the admissions of ugliness to yourself. :D

Back