Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

I picked this one up for less than what you would pay for a GEC stag stockman...
3BnJQlV.jpg

RJc3szs.jpg

I absolutely LOVE Stag, when i went to the 2016 Rendezvous to meet up with my mates, I visited the GEC Store, I could not believe my eyes when I saw this!, the ever so popular 85- but here was a Clip point which must be fairly Rare on it's own- but the stag just smacked me hard!, I dont think I even checked the blades when I stammered I will take this lol. I absolutely LOVE this Knife!

Mental Stag
ZiWASJa.jpg

HTa9Pqb.jpg

bg8fc6q.jpg
So amazing!! The clip blade, The absolutely wild stag!! The bloodshed!!:eek: I'm glad Paul survived though!!:)

I seem to remember him trampling over Donna to grab it also, her neck still hurts:D:D:D. Great unique stag Duncan, it was even better to see in person.
John, I remember that, when I awoke, the first person I saw was Donna, we were about 2 feet apart, both face down on the tile floor, I was concerned for her as I thought there was blood on her cheek, as it turned out it was ketchup from one of Duncan's hot dogs I had been holding. Tell her I'll contact her to either plot revenge or we can bring litigation against Duncan:p

Paul you had me cracking up there my friend!, I think the three of you, Augie, Donna, and yourself need to find some way of an expensive apology to me.

Charlie- That Stag is superb my friend! I am sorry you had to see the ugly sights at the '16 Rendezvous - but at times you have to do what you have to do to get THAT Knife!:D

Stag is my favorite handle material and it has been a long time since I have posted in this thread, so I thought I would be the first this week. Even though my pictures do not do it justice, I think I got a very nice example. Nice deep grooves and good color, but it is not too thick:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

......and this boy is 15yrs today

Wonderful house-puma! :)

The stag is one of the oldest Hungarian symbols. Long ago, when still nomads, two princes chased a (marvelous) stag across the steppe but failed to catch him. After several days they met a village where they found what was to become their wives. The name of the princes were Hunor and Magor, legend says their descendants were the Huns and the Hungarians (Magyar). ;)

Szalonnazo_szarvas.jpg

Back