Photos Stanley Axes, Hatchets, Tools - Show & Tell

Now that is interesting! And the handle shape... hmm... I’m going to have to see if I can find anything on that little beauty!

Found another one a bit larger, problem is it looks like it's been head down in water a while!

KnUngVY.jpg

wuKZkGr.jpg

Great Stanley pieces.
I am curious about your No 45 driver, made in England.
I am going to be aquiring the same screwdriver, No45, made in USA with a red ring not like your yellow.

Resized_20200130_094738.jpg

I thought it pretty cool we have the same but not quite stanley screwdriver:thumbsup:

I see your red ringed screwdriver & raise you two yellows.....;)

wvKRy7C.jpg

I really like the handles on these, the ferrules are really cool. :thumbsup:

Hello All,

I have not posted for a while.

Does this Stanley Drill No.748A made in England qualify to be posted in this thread ?.

Cheers.
I haven't posted in this thread in a long time either. But hell yeah it belongs here! Nice man! Don't see one's with two grips all that often. Looks to be in very good shape! Congrats!

When an inaccurate level reads exactly opposite when rotated 180* and set in the exact same position then it is sitting on a level surface. You can use any countertop and a deck of playing cards to achieve this. A door frame and playing cards can test the vertical (plumb) vials.

When I saw the ferule detail on this big old rusty screwdriver in amongst a pile of old tools today I knew it was a Stanley (see post 143 above), should clean up nice.

IQ3Vju0.jpg

And a modernish made in England plane that needs a clean & tune as well.
r47Aape.jpg

When I saw the ferule detail on this big old rusty screwdriver in amongst a pile of old tools today I knew it was a Stanley (see post 143 above), should clean up nice.

IQ3Vju0.jpg

And a modernish made in England plane that needs a clean & tune as well.
r47Aape.jpg

Oh yeah!
That Stanley ferule...English or U.S.? Cool to find those!!
I like that plane...kinda like a no 3 size/style maybe.
Great scores

Oh yeah!
That Stanley ferule...English or U.S.? Cool to find those!!
I like that plane...kinda like a no 3 size/style maybe.
Great scores

The screwdriver is English made, now cleaned up, oiled & blued.

CZEfcnf.jpg

qz0rc65.jpg

The plane is just a modern no4 with plastic handles, funny how online they get called trash but to be honest after a flat & sharpen it's OK, not too much different from a slightly older (English) one I have with Rose wood handle. I haven't handled an old USA made one, maybe they are superior?

7xU4OOL.jpg

So can we assume US made ones have red washers & English made ones yellow?

8vZWaHs.jpg

v07spcD.jpg

Excellent! I thought I had three but...i did not find a third. I have recently reorganized and lost but found again a box of axe heads, so its possible there is a third somewhere...lol!
I will need to find some yellow ring UK now so we can continue this war of the rings across the pond :D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

Stanley 199's, there seems to be quite a few changes over the years. Any info?

C1wWegj.jpg

I like these old Stanley's, about as simple as a blade holder gets.

rLmneCz.jpg

A quick 'n' dirty guard if the metal one's missing (always!), pvc pipe fits tight seeing as the handle tapers.

YwCLvdE.jpg

Back