Start the 2020 right with Butterfly Sword and Farm Knife

The Farm Knife has a much thinner edge profile than the AK. It will probably outperform an AK on softer wood, or on tree limbs that aren't very thick, since the thinner edge will bite deeply. However, the AK will probably hold its edge better and last longer for heavy chopping.

The Farm Knife can be used in the kitchen, whereas an AK of similar size is likely to destroy your counter tops or cutting boards.

Very wise words! I agree with every bit of it!

The Farm Knife has a much thinner edge profile than the AK. It will probably outperform an AK on softer wood, or on tree limbs that aren't very thick, since the thinner edge will bite deeply. However, the AK will probably hold its edge better and last longer for heavy chopping.

The Farm Knife can be used in the kitchen, whereas an AK of similar size is likely to destroy your counter tops or cutting boards.
As far as destroying a counter top, I have this exact Gopte and the edge is very similar to an AK. Watch this in the kitchen.

I still remember in the 1980’s the bladesmiths trying
to create an edge that would chop and cut 1” freehanging rope and would be able to shave hair. Many would succeed.
However I also remember they didn’t chop as excessive as these blades are capable of doing. They just wanted to pass the test.
These knives far exceed the expectations of the bladesmiths, however I don’t know if these blades are capable of being bent 90* and going back to there true forging without breaking.
Just a simple ABS test.
I’d like to see the results!

For the most part, HI models can't be bent at all. Not without a bulldozer. Maybe if you clamp the forward part of the blade in an industrial vice, place the end of a five foot steel pipe over the handle, and have somebody very powerful pull on the end of the pipe.

For the most part, HI models can't be bent at all. Not without a bulldozer. Maybe if you clamp the forward part of the blade in an industrial vice, place the end of a five foot steel pipe over the handle, and have somebody very powerful pull on the end of the pipe.
I totally agree David! These are definitely bulldozers compared to ABS standards. This is why I’m in a totally new genre than I’ve ever dealt with. Thank you for all the feedback. I’ve got to do my Farm Knife test. I do definitely see the difference I the CAK edge and the Farm Knife edge. I still have to test.
Shave and chop!

EMS 17 inch 29 ounce Villager Farm Knife by Kumar. Red satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. Superb work by Kumar. $195.

Got the DD!​

Back