1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Stay Cool My Hog Friends

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Garth Reckner, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Not sure about the rest of the country but we are getting hit with some STUPID HOT weather right now. Humidity is through the roof. Heat index is supposed to be barking at 120 degrees tomorrow. Probably not the weekend for a cookout, at least around here. I plan on staying in the air conditioning or poolside.

Remember to stay hydrated, lots of water (or Coors Lite, same thing), and sunscreen.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend.

Garth

nydude, lmcq784, MacLaren1 and 9 others like this.
  2. Baron83

Baron83 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2017
    Stay cool, brother.

duramax and Mike Pierson like this.
  3. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    Same thing on this side of the state brother, hot hot hot. We're having the family of my daughters friends over for the day to swim and hang out in the AC. Too hot to BBQ.

Stay safe everyone :thumbsup:

duramax and Mike Pierson like this.
  4. darsk20

darsk20 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Amazingly enough doesn’t appear to be too bad for us down south in TN.

Stay safe, hydrated and in the a/c or find a swimming pool or a mud hole for the hogs.

5. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Florida is brutal, although summers always are. This year is muggier than I remember in this decade, this reminds me of the summer of '06 which was particularly brutal.

duramax and WatermanChris like this.
  6. inspector-callahan

inspector-callahan Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Thanks Garth. good advice! Same here in Eastern, PA! It's some serious heat!

7. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Welcome to normal Alabama weather.

Although, 120 index is a bit warm, even for us.

8. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    It's below freezing where I am right now. Sitting next to a raging fire to stay warm. Sending some cold your way, I'm happy to share :D:D

9. Korean Hog

Korean Hog Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2017
    As an HVAC tech in South Alabama, I can confirm it is hotter than holy hell and business is booming.
    SAR 3 has been installing units like crazy!
    Stay COOL!

10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    ....what he said...I just crawled out of bed with a raging headache....trying to drink coffee and add layers to get warm...

tuica, duramax, Currawong and 2 others like this.
  11. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Gonna be 110+ w/ the heat index in central MD tomorrow. We have a company picnic with 150+ people scheduled to attend. Gonna have a pop-cornhole tourney by the time we get started. Can't wait until Fall weather arrives!

duramax, cpirtle and WatermanChris like this.
  12. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Looks like our high expected next week is only 99°F and partially cloudy on monday so not too bad!!!

Could be a lot hotter here!!

13. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Pirate

Apr 25, 2000
    This heat definitely sucks, especially working in a weld/fabrication shop.

Fortunately I've moved up the food chain and now have my own little office with AC :)

cut it out, duramax and WatermanChris like this.
  14. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Yeah. Southeast Florida is crazy hot. We'll be walking to the beach Sunday morning for a dip but we try to be inside between 11 and 3 as that's the worst part of the day. We've been doing a lot of yard work and I look like I just got out of a pool when I get done

15. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    St. Louis area is always humid as the day is long this time of year, and this week has been no different. Seems like it was a mild season until the past few weeks, and now it’s as hot out as I can remember for the past several years. Glad I don’t work in lawn care anymore. Definitely aging out of being able to handle this kind of heat all day, every day.

16. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Sounds like an ordinary summer day here in East Podunk. Except there are lots more mosquitos here that in northwestern Ohio.

If it weren't for Mr. Carrier's marvelous invention, Southeast Texas would be uninhabitable from June to the middle of September. IMO.

17. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Yesterday the weather was exactly like a sauna but I only had 93 for a high, humidity was insane. Today and tomorrow forecast to be worse. On the bright side they say high in 70's on Tuesday :eek:

18. MikeH

MikeH

Oct 18, 2001
    Stay cool? I'm freezing! As a compromise Kathy and I have the thermostat set on 73, and I am wearing a thermal top and jeans.
    Next week the forecast for central Alabama has highs in only the high 80's. I am going down to the old homeplace that has no AC, in my old Chevy truck with the heater/AC fan out for about five years now, and enjoy some non-airconditioned life for a change. I love hot weather, makes all my muscle aches and pains go away, and I feel alive. As a bonus, when I go to the range, I usually have the place all to myself.

cpirtle and WatermanChris like this.
  19. Levrshuutr

Levrshuutr Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 22, 2011
    BBQ Chiknz roasting in foil on my driveway.
    East Coast "Coast" a blaze.
    Looks like I'll take my bourbon on ice instead of shots.
    I do enjoy a white trash bum around the house weekend.
    Disclaimer :
    ( "White Trash" for historical reference only )
    Y..all stay cool now

Leonardo63, duramax and WatermanChris like this.
  20. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    It’s blazing hot here in CT as well. Heat index well over 100°
    Gonna be indoors in the ac :)