Stay Cool My Hog Friends

Garth Reckner

Not sure about the rest of the country but we are getting hit with some STUPID HOT weather right now. Humidity is through the roof. Heat index is supposed to be barking at 120 degrees tomorrow. Probably not the weekend for a cookout, at least around here. I plan on staying in the air conditioning or poolside.

Remember to stay hydrated, lots of water (or Coors Lite, same thing), and sunscreen.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend.

Garth

Same thing on this side of the state brother, hot hot hot. We're having the family of my daughters friends over for the day to swim and hang out in the AC. Too hot to BBQ.

Stay safe everyone :thumbsup:

Amazingly enough doesn’t appear to be too bad for us down south in TN.

Stay safe, hydrated and in the a/c or find a swimming pool or a mud hole for the hogs.

Gonna be 110+ w/ the heat index in central MD tomorrow. We have a company picnic with 150+ people scheduled to attend. Gonna have a pop-cornhole tourney by the time we get started. Can't wait until Fall weather arrives!

Yeah. Southeast Florida is crazy hot. We'll be walking to the beach Sunday morning for a dip but we try to be inside between 11 and 3 as that's the worst part of the day. We've been doing a lot of yard work and I look like I just got out of a pool when I get done

St. Louis area is always humid as the day is long this time of year, and this week has been no different. Seems like it was a mild season until the past few weeks, and now it’s as hot out as I can remember for the past several years. Glad I don’t work in lawn care anymore. Definitely aging out of being able to handle this kind of heat all day, every day.

Sounds like an ordinary summer day here in East Podunk. Except there are lots more mosquitos here that in northwestern Ohio.

If it weren't for Mr. Carrier's marvelous invention, Southeast Texas would be uninhabitable from June to the middle of September. IMO.

Yesterday the weather was exactly like a sauna but I only had 93 for a high, humidity was insane. Today and tomorrow forecast to be worse. On the bright side they say high in 70's on Tuesday :eek:

Stay cool? I'm freezing! As a compromise Kathy and I have the thermostat set on 73, and I am wearing a thermal top and jeans.
Next week the forecast for central Alabama has highs in only the high 80's. I am going down to the old homeplace that has no AC, in my old Chevy truck with the heater/AC fan out for about five years now, and enjoy some non-airconditioned life for a change. I love hot weather, makes all my muscle aches and pains go away, and I feel alive. As a bonus, when I go to the range, I usually have the place all to myself.

BBQ Chiknz roasting in foil on my driveway.
East Coast "Coast" a blaze.
Looks like I'll take my bourbon on ice instead of shots.
I do enjoy a white trash bum around the house weekend.
Disclaimer :
( "White Trash" for historical reference only )
Y..all stay cool now

It’s blazing hot here in CT as well. Heat index well over 100°
Gonna be indoors in the ac :)

Back