1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Steve Corkum does not deliver on paid orders

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by oldone, Mar 13, 2005.

1. mr.townsend83

mr.townsend83

Sep 27, 2013
    ----- That's awfully nice of you to say about a guy but what he says is true, ive met the people he has talked about. Its sad what happened to him and a shame he had to spend some time with you because you are obviously not such a nice guy.

2. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003

How much did he pay you to say this?. Or are you Mr Corkum himself?.

3. mr.townsend83

mr.townsend83

Sep 27, 2013
    Hes a great guy and a great father not to mention a fine craftsman. You have to realize that these guys are knife makers and dealers that took advantage of him when he got sick. I am his neighbor and met the people he speaks of, seen the scars and stood in fear thinking he was going to take his last breath on that hospital bed. Dont let them fool you my friend.

4. mr.townsend83

mr.townsend83

Sep 27, 2013
    Im not SC or paid by him.

5. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    PICT0044.jpg
    Ok first thing first , I do not know anything about mr.townsend83 or Mr. Corkum but after reading this thread I was cruising the bay and ran across this . You must admit that it seems a bit fishy ,mr.townsend83.

6. Nucleusbrains

Nucleusbrains

Jun 24, 2013
    I hope to see him at the next blade show. He is a bottom feeder of the worst kind!!

7. Omega Leather Works

Omega Leather Works

Jun 13, 2007
    Wow...

Well, I guess it wouldn't be the first time that we saw this type of shenanigans.

8. RM81

RM81

Feb 22, 2012
    That's pathetic.

From the ebay profile: "Based in United States, mrtownsend83 has been an eBay member since Sep 07, 2013"

9. PCL

PCL

May 25, 2012
    I know this is an old thread but anyone owed money or knives can contact me for some current info.

10. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    If you have current info wouldn't the right thing be to share it openly? Rather than having people contact you privately?

11. PCL

PCL

May 25, 2012
    I'm making this post as I believe Esav said to, when I emailed him earlier. If I'm mistaken correct me please and I will share all.

12. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    Yes, you can post the information openly.

13. PCL

PCL

May 25, 2012
    On craigslist, York pa. search the word knife and you will see 4 Corkum knives for sale. If I'm correct they are presently, unless someone bought them at a very good friend of mine's store. If they belong to someone from an order, he would have no problem pulling them from sale online or in his store. I may also be able to get current address of Corkum.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. PCL

PCL

May 25, 2012
    Well I finally made it to my buddies store and the knives were sold to him by Corkum. I checked the out and all were very small and extremely light but you could easily tell the ray skin was plastic and the nylon cord used to wrap the handle was crudley cut off and melted to get it into the knot. There were three daggers one drop point and a cleaver like knife with very poorly done kydex. I filled my friend in about Corkum but other customers were in the store so we could not talk alone. Oh yeah he also had a longer almost 14 inch kind of blade without the suba ? I'll see him again soon and hopefully get more info on where he's hiding out but I do know its still in Littlestown. He said Corkum claims the big one was the last he made.

15. mr.townsend83

mr.townsend83

Sep 27, 2013
    Yeah, I know it sounds fishy but it isn't what it looks like.

16. PCL

PCL

May 25, 2012
    What sounds fishy?

17. Calvin Richardson

Calvin Richardson

Oct 13, 2011
    Shenanigans!!!!!

18. PCL

PCL

May 25, 2012
    Well it looks like my buddy can't sell them either, lol.

19. Odog27

Odog27 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Mr Townsend was responding to the last thing posted back in 10/2013, not your post PCL.

20. rio

rio

Sep 13, 2006
    Mr.townsend, do you think that is more important to set the record straight about Corkum's personal life or the people he cheated out of their orders and money plus the horrible feeling of being cheated, if he was Ill we all understand that but why not communicate and make things right ????, you can understand that you are dealing with a lot upset people who give a rats...as who Steve truly is was or whatever happen, so before you get upset tell your body to set things right and you will find out that this community forgives those who clean up their acts.