• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Steven Ketchen <spketch> MIA: Overbooked? Off the grid? Lost his phone? What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to me he hasn't -- he has my knife and won't return it.
Nor has he responded to literally dozens of messages.

Sad to hear that Steve is still sucking folks in with his scam. I just had a letter that I sent to him months ago returned.. appears he abandoned his PO Box and set up shop elsewhere smh.

HELLO.
I am the wife of the infamous, now disgraced sketchenscales.
I do have some questions, and I want to help.
EVEN I HAD NO IDEA it had gotten as bad as it did... There might be a couple of folks who want to reach out to me. Brand new on here..... but I am tenacious.

My apologies for the Shit Show.
He is the person you all had come to trust and still is.

Hardships rained.. humiliation mounted.. still no excuse. I still have hope his gift still sparks in him...

please email me: mrsknifewife@gmail.com message me with any questions/comments/concerns.
Respectfully,
Mrs. Ketchen.

Last edited:
Sad to hear that Steve is still sucking folks in with his scam. I just had a letter that I sent to him months ago returned.. appears he abandoned his PO Box and set up shop elsewhere smh.

Steve didn't do that. His small business just died quickly and with shame and desperation. He has moral fortitude like no one I've ever met... I can explain the events that caused a landslide.
Feeling only obligated to do so privately to the people that didn't give up on the underlying notion that there was a serious problem, and that considered Steve as an excellent person to work with over the years and had a relationship with him. Those that are concerned about him. That touches me. Thank you.
I'm doing this for two reasons:
1) to amend anyone that has been wronged
2) let him know that he has a gift and can still share it, just as a hobby... he has no idea of this btw

HELLO.
I am the wife of the infamous, now disgraced sketchenscales.
I do have some questions, and I want to help.
EVEN I HAD NO IDEA it had gotten as bad as it did... There might be a couple of folks who want to reach out to me. Brand new on here..... but I am tenacious.

My apologies for the Shit Show.
He is the person you all had come to trust and still is.

Hardships rained.. humiliation mounted.. still no excuse. I still have hope his gift still sparks in him...

please private message me with any concerns. Respectfully, Mrs. Ketchen.

you don't have PM privilege with your membership level, or I would PM you.

@DNAIrradiator

Oh man, just saw this thread. This is very disappointing. I had him do some scales for me a few years back. Very happy with the work, and I recommended him highly. IIRC he was in Phoenix AZ at the time. I was in Mesa, and the turnaround was scarcely more than a week-from my dropping the knife off at the PO, till it was back in my mailbox. He didn’t ask for payment upfront, and supplied me with pics of the completed work before I PayPal’d him.

This is saddening. Reading the stories of the victims in this thread, and the ordeal to get their property back, it was the polar opposite of my experience. I am sorry for this. Just a tragedy that someone can fall so far from grace.

Ugh.
mrs.knifewife@gmail.com I'm steves wife

K knifewifeketchen

"He has moral fortitude like no one I've ever met..."

Did you even read most of the posts in this thread?? Someone with moral fortitude wouldn't pull this crap.

I hope you are able to assist in getting the knives your husband has collected from would-be customers back to their rightful owners and regardless of my feelings about your husband and the poop show, I admire you for standing by your man.

K knifewifeketchen

Did you even read most of the posts in this thread?? Someone with moral fortitude wouldn't pull this crap.

I hope you are able to assist in getting the knives your husband has collected from would-be customers back to their rightful owners and regardless of my feelings about your husband and the poop show, I admire you for standing by your man.

Yes I am wondering if anyone is still out anything. Honor knows no time boundaries. so Somehow, i'm still trying...

Not to me he hasn't -- he has my knife and won't return it.
Nor has he responded to literally dozens of messages.
No response as of yet Pete.
Steve has ALWAYS gotten back to me very quickly. He has done a lot of work for me and I have been thrilled with all he has done.
Can't count how many times I have recommended him to fellow members.
I would be sick to my stomach to see Steve go down the Shepard hole.
Please Steve, if you're reading this, suck it up and get your ass in this thread. There are some of the most genuine people here and will understand what's going on......what no one will ever forgive is gou going dark.
Come on brother.......I'm rooting for you.....IF you tighten Peter up immediately.
Joe
email me mrsknifewife@gmail.com
have ammends been made? -knife wife

K knifewifeketchen

Thank you. I am also feeling duped, like all these folks wondering who's the biggest fool/victim or loser. Maybe a teensy mercy on knife wife is A-OK. :(

K knifewifeketchen

Had great dealings with Steve for quite some time. He seemed like a stand up dude, till the shit hit the fan.
He e mailed me while the shitstorm was raging and tried to get me to send him a couple of knives for scales......with payment.......with no intention of doing the work or sending the knives back.
You have an uphill hike in front of you Mrs Steve.
Good luck.

Steve didn't do that. His small business just died quickly and with shame and desperation. He has moral fortitude like no one I've ever met... I can explain the events that caused a landslide.
Feeling only obligated to do so privately to the people that didn't give up on the underlying notion that there was a serious problem, and that considered Steve as an excellent person to work with over the years and had a relationship with him. Those that are concerned about him. That touches me. Thank you.
2) let him know that he has a gift and can still share it, just as a hobby... he has no idea of this btw

No. Just no. You don't get to post BS like that without getting called out.

Steve is a thief. He stole knives and money from many people. He tried to steal more (see palonej's post). Steve was given every chance to make amends and did not.

For the record, I think that "knifewifeketchen" is actually Steve. He / she even slips up a little and says "Honor knows no time boundaries. so Somehow, i'm still trying..." Sounds like something odd for an ex-wife to say.

No. Just no. You don't get to post BS like that without getting called out.

Steve is a thief. He stole knives and money from many people. He tried to steal more (see palonej's post). Steve was given every chance to make amends and did not.

For the record, I think that "knifewifeketchen" is actually Steve. He / she even slips up a little and says "Honor knows no time boundaries. so Somehow, i'm still trying..." Sounds like something odd for an ex-wife to say.

that was peculiar phrasing at best, a freudian slip at worse, quoted for posterity...

Yes I am wondering if anyone is still out anything. Honor knows no time boundaries. so Somehow, i'm still trying...

I don't see this vvv happening, but as above, such comments raise more Q's than A's...plus it brings up a conundrum that I think I'll address in another thread here on GB&U....thanks for the idea! ...

So basically he just wants to clean up his name enough to sell scales again.

K knifewifeketchen It may alleviate a lot of suspicion if you gave us a little more back story on what is going on. You said that you just found out how deeply your husband is in this. Were you aware that a detective from your local police visited him at some point? Did Mr. Ketchen get behind in his work or were there other issues that caused him to stop responding to people while he had their property or money in his possession?
Are you still married to Mr. Ketchen? Why are you here attempting to make things right? Does Mr. Ketchen have any intentions of making the people he scammed whole again or are you doing this without his knowledge? PeteyTwoPointOne PeteyTwoPointOne makes a very good point that this raises more questions than it gives answers.

Mr. Ketchen and you as his proxy are obligated to let future customers as well as those affected know the catalyst behind his failure to provide services he took payment for. Especially if you, or he, ever expect that he share his gift and talent again.

Suuuuuuure you are. :rolleyes: :poop: o_O

I think we're going to need some hard proof of that, else we're going to assume you're Steve himself, and do NOT deserve to be allowed back here on BF after the crap you pulled. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Something like a selfie holding a dated newspaper, or better yet, with this post in the background. I'll be holding my breath while we wait. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back