Stop it you people!!!!!

I was a perfectly normal person until today (ok, so maybe I push the truth a little).

I owned a few simple "user" knives.

I log on, mostly lurk, and enjoy the learning.

I listen to you people.

Then the lust sets in! I buy an AFCK.

Quit listening....

Then the Gerber covert.

That is it!!! No one needs more than the 6 knives I already have.

Oh no, you people just keep talking about all the cool knives. (Ed, quit logging on!)

I lust after Axis locks, but, while I am making up my mind (likely a 710)........

Today I bought my second M2 AFCK. Why am I buying two of the same knife? Oh, obviously, the old one (partially serrated) is for "utility" use, and the new one (plain edge)is for ??????

Now clearly, I won't buy anymore......oh no, my hand is reaching for the telephone and the credit card....help........

Am I turning into one of "you people?"

------------------
Ed

...Just wait 'till you get ahold of a REKAT knife. Then you'll be as hooked as I am.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Am I turning into one of "you people?"</font>

This is one of those "nature vs. nurture" arguments. I would argue that you've always been a knife collector and that only now are you getting in touch with your true inner-self.

You should move to San Francisco. The city there decided to pay for sex changes for people who got in touch with their inner-self and discovered a gender conflict. Maybe they'll buy knives for you now that you've gotten in touch with your inner-self and found a knife collector.

Seems reasonable to me...

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.balisongcollector.com

[This message has been edited by Gollnick (edited 05-25-2001).]

We must all nurture the knife knut within.
biggrin.gif

Relax, it hurts less if you don't fight it.

------------------
Tráceme no sin la razón, envoltura mi no sin honor
Usual Suspect
MOLON LABE!

Ed HAS given in! I can imagine the conversation he has had or will have with his wife/girlfriend. "But honey, this is M2 steel! I said, M2 steel! Aren't you excited? No, these are two completely different knives..."

HA! You ARE one of us Ed! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
(P.S., blame Spark. It is all his fault. Next you'll be collecting tactical tutus!)

------------------
"Come What May..."

Ed it could be worse at least your new addiction isn't potpuri.

Ed,
just 6 OR 7
biggrin.gif
well ok it's a start,when I first started on the forums I had a modest collection started and now...... I'm out of control hahahahahahaha

------------------
JimBob

I have a good way for you to stop.
Just buy a Sebenza.
You won't want to carry anything else after that.

Okay, real quick off-topic ...

ptpalpha, I think that is the funniest post I've ever read on these forums. :) (No offense intended, VG!!)

Just go with it man. Dont fight it. And, as someone posted here a while ago, spend the extra money on the good stuff and only cry once.

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

Oh no!

Last night I posted the original message in this topic.

Apparently there was more strange behavior after that.....this morning when I turned on the computer the wall paper on the desktop was a Benchmade......I don't even remember doing that.

I'm calling the Doctor first thing this morning for a referal to a knife nut exorcist. I hope this can be handled non-surgically. I'll keep you posted (no pun intended).

While I am waiting for the Doctor's office to open what will I do???? I have sharpened everything at least three times. I am begining to stare at the mini-blinds. What a thought, hair popping sharp mini-blinds!

Duplicated post (hands trembling with thought of mini-blinds????)

Ed

[This message has been edited by Practical Use (edited 05-25-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gollnick:
You should move to San Francisco. The city there decided to pay for sex changes for people who got in touch with their inner-self and discovered a gender conflict. Maybe they'll buy knives for you now that you've gotten in touch with your inner-self and found a knife collector.</font>

Nope. They'll just hire a deprogrammer to save you from this mind controlling knife cult.

Dave

Ed,
Paul is right. One day soon you look into the mirror and see a "SEBENZANISTA". AHHAHAhahaha!!!!!

Will

Take two of the little geen pills along with the blue one & buy anything from Darrel Ralph, Kit Carson, Tom Mayo, Ken Onion, D. C. Munroe, Larry Chew, ......... What you need is TOTAL COMMITTMENT!

Back