Strider Balisong?

HAVE YOU GUYS EVER ENTERTAINED THE THOUGHT OF A STRIDER BALI SONG?
IT SEEMS TO ME THAT IT COULD BE ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREATS.
THE THOUGHT OF THE THICK TIGER STRIPE BLADE IN A ROCK SOLID BUTTERFLY DESIGN SOUNDS LIKE A NATURAL.
ANYONE ELSE THINK SO?
I FOR ONE WOULD NOT HESITATE IN BUYING ONE.

I am interested, I only have 9 fingers left to lose, so bring on the super sharp Strider bali. I would buy one.
Reed

I agree with Knifebomber. Butterfly knives. Duh. I had a few as kid, but they seem really goofy to me now. To each his own though. Can't imagine Strider doing one, but good luck.

Hi!

Just my take on the bali-song knife thing.
One thing that the bali-song has really got going is the lock strength, i can't think of any folding knife lock that would be stronger.

Strider knives are for me THE company i'd turn to if i needed a truly strong/durable knife.

So maybe the thought isn't that crazy? the company known for it's strong/durable makes a foldingknife with the probably strongest lock available?
To me bali-songs are in no way silly, they have been around for so long that to me they have proven their usability.
But hey, to each his own :)

LOL,that would be the slowest balisong to date!

First, un-wrap, then flip-flip, then re-wrap... :)

Originally posted by dwenslen
How would they cord wrap the handles?
:p
sorry, just being a smart a$$

cheers,
Derek

Jonas,
I agree with your thoughts on the lock up of a bali. I am curious as to whether Duane or Mick ever thought of making one. I have seen some gentleman use balis to do some impressive things in fighting with knives. To each his own opinion.

Ryan,
How are you doing?

Take care,
Reed

I here that. I don't think Helos are going to be used for a little bit.

Take care and if you need anything let me know,
Reed

I feel the lockup on a balisong is second in strengh only to the fixed blade.
I don't see why their should be any stigma attatched to the design.
For those that don't like it please explain why.
I have a couple of benchmade bali's but don't carry them because of city restrictions. I would like to think that the strider guys could create a superior model for those who are interested,for those that are not don't buy one.
I for one collect and use mostly high end fixed blades and high end production folders but I have great respect for high quality bali's
Srider guys,assuming you guy's have the machinery and time to produce a bali. Do you think there is a place for it in your product line? are their any particular reasons why you would not?
What are your feelings on this subject

god bless america

Ryan,
Didn't mean for it to sound like helos are useless, and don't want any info that could give anybody unfriendly and edge.
Take it easy, and rememeber any landing you walk away from is a good landing,
Reed

LLNYC, 2sharp:

You are CORRECT. The bali design is super strong and second only to a fixed blade. I am puzzled why others would criticize such a knife.

In Sweden we say that the taste is like the butt, parted.. ;)

So if you don't like bali-songs then it's perfectly ok!
I just love'em :)

On the other hand, i do love a lot of knives...

Helos? I heard one of the carriers has no fighters on deck just so spec-ops can run operations from it as a 'base' ... I

I would personally like to see a four inch eb series style blade with a more substantial butterfly handle "thicker grips" It seems to me the high end bali's "benchmade,microtech" use a more traditional thin, high speed,easy to manipulate design which is what I suppose they were designed for.They are great for those things specificly,but
I am not so concerned with the speed in which the blade can be deployed as I am with overall strength because I think there is an opening in the market that could take advantage of the true strength of the design as a true workhorse knife.
Anyone agree? ....disagree?

god bless america

LLNYC, that's a good suggestion; it'd be interesting to see what might happen with a bali designed for strength and ergono- I mean sticking to yer hand good, not the e-word. Yeah, a 1/4" blade in 1/2" handles milled from solid BG-42, with 3/4" pivots...that's the ticket.

THAT would be a serious Bali. Wouldn´t like to have my fingers cought between the handles in a fast opening.

/Colinz

Back