Strider BT Carry help!

Hi. Strider BT/SS/TS on the way. I know it's a big knife, but what options are there for some sort of concealed carry? I'm thinking (big maybe) in the waistband, or most likely, on the calf (like a diving knife) probably tip-up. Any other possibilities? Do any of you carry such a large knife concealed? (Please, no lectures about legality. Thanks. )

Questions:
1) Does Strider offer any such sheaths that would accomodate these sorts of carry methods? The knife is coming with just the standard SOE (right?) sheath.
2) How secure would tip-up carry be? Not like I'd be running a marathon with it, but obviously don't want my $400 baby clanging on the ground!
3) Skunkworks - prices? I don't want to go crazy on the sheath here! Just dropped four large on the knife itself!

Thanks
drjones

I just recently got a BT/SS and have been considering how to carry it too. The SOE sheath won't really work for CC duty for me. With the pouch on the front it's a bit too bulky. And it seems like calf carry wouldn't be very practical. Remember the thing is almost a foot long making it a bit awkward to deploy in an emergency.

That said I plan on looking into a shoulder harness setup for tip up carry. For my body size and the way I dress this seems the most practical and easiest to conceal under a loose shirt.

Thanks hansen. Guess if I get a SEAL 2001 at an inch longer, it won't be any easier, huh? :( Oh well. Please let me know what options you explore! I haven't been getting a lot of feedback on this, so if you're reading this, please HELP!!!

Thanks!
Drjones
evourakis@csus.edu

Mitch Rosen makes a IWB sheath, custom order leather. Try the calf rig for a day, you probably will not appreciate this method afterwards!

Thanks Hammerhead! How can I get a hold of him? Phone, email, website... also, why wouldn't I like calf carry?

And could I get Kydex instead? Not too partial to leather...

Thanks!!!
drjones

Concealed carry for a BT..I'd say shoulder rig (Skunkworks, Survival Sheath) or behind the back a la JSP Bladerigger.

S.

Mitch Rosen does have a web site, e-mail him through the site. Also check the Strider Guys, I remember on their site something to the effect they would make sheaths to your needs. They know their blades best. JSP Bladerigger does make good product, but I would never place a hard object inline with my spine.

Thank you hammerhead, but again, you did NOT answer my questions:

1) WHAT is the address to Mr. Rosen's site?

2) WHY do you not recommend calf-carry for the BT?

Thanks
drjones

Frank at Skunkworks is really the MAN at doing shoulder rigs for the big Striders. He has worked with numerous professionals on the R&D stuff, and he is very familiar with doing them for Striders. Basically, its a proven product and it won't be an experiment.

Dr.Jones and A. Hansen you have email, I hope it helps. Dean
***Dr.Jones, I thinks my email to you just got bounced back to me. Let me know if you got it.
Mick, Duane, sorry for the personal talk going on here, just trying to square them away, see you at Blade.

Dr. Jones, sorry but still no joy from this end. Tried sending again and it came back to me. Ask Hansen if he will forward it to you, might work for him, later. Dean

Dr.Jones, tried again last night and this AM, hope the one sent w/o the pic's makes it thought...if not ask Hansen to forward info.

Hansen: Could you please forward me whatever information Fallschrimjager is talking about? For some reason, his emails to me bounce back. Thanks for your help, Fallschrimjager!

BTW - Got my BT, and I actually have it strapped to my calf right now with some rubber straps that originally came with a diving knife that I have. It works perfectly! Can't even tell I'm wearing it, even under dress slacks! :D I almost wore it out last night, but didn't want to chance it if we went to a bar or club where they frisk. (Only one that I know of in town, but who knows...with my luck! :rolleyes: )

Anyway, seems like the calf carry will work great! It would be nice to have a more compact sheath, (without the bulky front pouch) but we'll see...

ALSO; what do you people put in the pouch on the front of the SOE sheath? A sharpening stone? Another knife? What?

Thanks so much!
drjones

Fallschrimjager: Just checked my hotmail acct., and I got your message. You have mail.

Thanks!
drjones

Dr.Jones, I got your email and again I have tried to send the pictures (file to big for your server?) and again they got sent back to me. I have asked a fellow Strider fan for help in this matter. Lets see what happens. I am going to look into what it takes to post pictures here in the forum ASAP. Take care.Dean

Just want to let you know how much I appreciate all your effort! You are going to a lot of trouble for me...THANKS!!!:D

Strati

P.S. - Double, double-check my addresses: evourakis@csus.edu and e_vourakis@hotmail.com

I think that servers will sometimes reject files that are too large, but it would probably have to be at least 5mb. At any rate, THANKS!!!

Back