Strider left handed SNG

Been going through my knives and starting to carry some old favorites again. Have a good selection of left handed knives to chose from....CRK, Spyderco, Benchmade and a few customs. One of my lefty knives is a Strider SNG. Somehow I got wind of the small run years ago and was able to purchase one from True North Knives. Got me curious about how many we made. Anyone have any idea how many we're produced? At that time I was hoping for a left handed SMF but don't think that happened.

Never saw a lefty Strider. Post some pics. Although there is controversy with Strider it would be cool to see.

I think I remember someone saying there were between 10 and 20 made.

I believe the last run was in 2007 or 2008.

The lefty SnG is something I always keep my eye out for. I've seen them pop up once or twice in the last few years, but always at stupid prices that I'm not willing to pay. Sorry, but if I'm paying custom money, I'm buying a custom knife.

The lefty SnG is something I always keep my eye out for. I've seen them pop up once or twice in the last few years, but always at stupid prices that I'm not willing to pay. Sorry, but if I'm paying custom money, I'm buying a custom knife.

Totally agree. I have come close to pulling the trigger when one or two have come up but I am unwilling to pay what they asked for due to the same reason.

There are too many great makers out there willing to make lefties for me to pay crazy prices for a production knife which is one of the reasons I do not have a CRK in my collection either.

....well said, as long as they would only do it. Cant imagine that the machining costs would increase much compared to right handed. And i can Not imagine, that they would rest in stock forever, since there some knife-loving southpaws out there.
Wrote to strider recently....no answer, no Info, no nothing. If they had stated: maaannn, Not before 2022 it would have Satisfied me.

Just my cup to this topic

Considering that RIGHTY Striders are coming out in random small batches after the company switch-over. I highly doubt we will see any leftys for an extremely long time. If ever.
The only shot would be getting a bunch of guys together and offer to make a group purchase from Mick, or whoever is running the production side over there.

Oops...Never was aware, that they are that small or slow (no criticism on that)
Just tought they were milling stuff over and over...so it's "just" a matter of setting up the cnc Programms for a mirrored image of the scales.
Gotta ask a Friend of Mine, who runs a mill what this process is like.
Anyway thank you for the Input.
Btw: i could imagine leftys would sell pretty quick, even if the Patch is going over 1000 pcs.
...but thats just what i estimate without knowing their actuall capacities.

Oops...Never was aware, that they are that small or slow (no criticism on that)
Just tought they were milling stuff over and over...so it's "just" a matter of setting up the cnc Programms for a mirrored image of the scales.
Gotta ask a Friend of Mine, who runs a mill what this process is like.
Anyway thank you for the Input.
Btw: i could imagine leftys would sell pretty quick, even if the Patch is going over 1000 pcs.
...but thats just what i estimate without knowing their actuall capacities.

From what I've heard, there is actually a lot to it. Fixtures are custom made to run knife designs and to make lefties, you have to create new fixtures, re-write code, and re-do tool paths not to mention finishing work like cutting lock faces, etc.

It is actually easier for knifemakers who do not use cnc machines to make left-handed knives since there are no jigs, fixtures, code, etc. to modify (for the most part).

Thats for sure, if you do it First time. But the fact that lefty striders roam around out there emphasise, that they Made that Step at least once. So they probably have All the forms, jigs and so on. Correct me if i'm wrong, but striders do look rather machined than handmade.

Anyway it ain't my company and i'm Not even close to tell them what to mill or make.
Just would be Happy to know a Date to wait for...

Thats for sure, if you do it First time. But the fact that lefty striders roam around out there emphasise, that they Made that Step at least once. So they probably have All the forms, jigs and so on. Correct me if i'm wrong, but striders do look rather machined than handmade.

Anyway it ain't my company and i'm Not even close to tell them what to mill or make.
Just would be Happy to know a Date to wait for...
Correct, they won't just throw away the tooling they made so they could do a start up for a limited run if demand was there. Lefties hold only about 10% market share so it's a crap shoot as to getting makers to do a left. Just buy the DPx HEST F lefty, every bit as good as any knife out there in its range. Solid build with great materials, titanium g10 D2. Usually just 2 bones.

Correct, they won't just throw away the tooling they made so they could do a start up for a limited run if demand was there. Lefties hold only about 10% market share so it's a crap shoot as to getting makers to do a left. Just buy the DPx HEST F lefty, every bit as good as any knife out there in its range. Solid build with great materials, titanium g10 D2. Usually just 2 bones.

Hest F has a very Strideresque feel to it. It’s obviously notna Strider but it was close enough that I lost my Strider appetite.

The DPx HEST was my first left handed knife but it wasn't enough to scratch that itch so I went custom and have bought little else since. My Stout Tac Wharnie and Hoback A15 scratched that overbuilt itch for me.

Having said that, I still bought a Direware once I found one at a good price...lol

The DPx HEST was my first left handed knife but it wasn't enough to scratch that itch so I went custom and have bought little else since. My Stout Tac Wharnie and Hoback A15 scratched that overbuilt itch for me.

Having said that, I still bought a Direware once I found one at a good price...lol

Been eyeballin the hoback my self, had a few CRK 2 were lefty they didn't do it, every Strider I had was just ok, righty's though. I actually like the buck Strider better. I'd be after a dire too if one falls into my lap.

Been eyeballin the hoback my self, had a few CRK 2 were lefty they didn't do it, every Strider I had was just ok, righty's though. I actually like the buck Strider better. I'd be after a dire too if one falls into my lap.

Unfortunately, Both Jake and Eric have both decided to not make left-handed knives anymore no matter how much I beg...lol So the lefty A15 and Solo are the last I will get from either of them.

Jake does reversible pocket clips but that's about it. There's only a handful of true lefties out there which is crazy since the man is left-handed himself.

Eric made, I think, made only 2 lefty Solos before deciding to quit offering the option.

Unfortunately, Both Jake and Eric have both decided to not make left-handed knives anymore no matter how much I beg...lol So the lefty A15 and Solo are the last I will get from either of them.

Jake does reversible pocket clips but that's about it. There's only a handful of true lefties out there which is crazy since the man is left-handed himself.

Eric made, I think, made only 2 lefty Solos before deciding to quit offering the option.

Well I'm glad I bought another Dpx then in case they run out, they kept talking a lefty urban but I don't see them being in a hurry on that. I'll watch the sec market for other options.

Are left hand folder knives really worth it now that my left hand is so used to using right handed liner/framelocks?

Back