Strider left handed SNG

If you give in "they" win!!!

Seriously though, it's entirely up to you. I made my own rules a few years back.
1, If it's over $50 it should be lefty or ambi, unless I really like the design.
2, If it's over $100 it HAS to be lefty or ambi.
3, take your reversible clip and shove it up your ass ZT!!!
4, Jake Hoback is a traitor and never buy anything from him....(that may be a bit of spite talking, cuz I barely missed out on getting a Kwaiback)

The above rules save me a lot of money, and make me take a long look at something before I pull the trigger to order or have my name put in a makers books.
Have I broken the rules? Sure, twice. Rule #3 was a direct result of it. Bought & sold within days. It just looks stupid to me.

If you give in "they" win!!!

Seriously though, it's entirely up to you. I made my own rules a few years back.
1, If it's over $50 it should be lefty or ambi, unless I really like the design.
2, If it's over $100 it HAS to be lefty or ambi.
3, take your reversible clip and shove it up your ass ZT!!!
4, Jake Hoback is a traitor and never buy anything from him....(that may be a bit of spite talking, cuz I barely missed out on getting a Kwaiback)

The above rules save me a lot of money, and make me take a long look at something before I pull the trigger to order or have my name put in a makers books.
Have I broken the rules? Sure, twice. Rule #3 was a direct result of it. Bought & sold within days. It just looks stupid to me.

I never reverse clip. I just clip it to my left pocket.

Are left hand folder knives really worth it now that my left hand is so used to using right handed liner/framelocks?
Ask a righty that is forced to adapt to a lefty, that never happens. Some in the industry are happy to tell lefties to adapt but never do you hear righties being told to adapt to a lefty, that would make heads explode. Sure it is tactically correct for either to learn the other but in the real world it shouldn't be necessary. The answer is yes it's worth it to buy and use what is designed for a lefty but being told to adapt is just an insult.

I don't really buy right-handed locking knives anymore, clip flip or not. I can say I am tempted from time to time but I resist for the most part.

If I didn't have a rule of left-handed knives only, my wife would've probably left me by now and I would be completely broke! lol

Ask a righty that is forced to adapt to a lefty, that never happens. Some in the industry are happy to tell lefties to adapt but never do you hear righties being told to adapt to a lefty, that would make heads explode. Sure it is tactically correct for either to learn the other but in the real world it shouldn't be necessary. The answer is yes it's worth it to buy and use what is designed for a lefty but being told to adapt is just an insult.

Everything you’re saying is true but I’m saying I already adapted so for me to learn to use a lefty liner/framelock knife at this point would be new to me. I see it would be slightly easier.

In truth I am just making coversation because I am ambidextrous with a knife anyway except for a few specific tasks I prefer for left hand (finely detailed things), and certain I prefer right hand (chopping) since I write with my left and play most sports with right.

When I first got into this hobby the closest thing to a lefty was a Benchmade Axis lock. So I used Benchmades and flipped the clip on the Spydercos, Kershaws, etc. I got used to the righty config as well. I was still a bit resentful that I was forced to do something that wasn't natural to me, but I adapted.

Then like many others on the forums, I fell further down the rabbit hole of knife collecting. I was spending more on one knife than I had spent for the entire previous years knives. It's when I was contemplating my first custom or a Sebenza that I noticed CRK offered a lefty and the custom maker did not.
Then it hit me. If I am going to spend what 90% of the population consider absolutely ridiculous amounts of money on a pocket knife, I'm going to get it done right for me.

For $700+ I shouldn't have to adapt to jack squat. If a maker refuses because he currently has a long list in his books? Fine, there are plenty of guys out there who understand that the client is actually that. A paying customer and not some insignificant fanboy who will throw money at you just to have something with your name on it... Whoops sorry, I'm starting to rant.

It's completely about preference. If you got used to the rightys and are ok with the look, great. I always say buy what you like. To me though, there has always been something special about a knife that was made for me specifically, or to a lesser extent for those like me.

Everything you’re saying is true but I’m saying I already adapted so for me to learn to use a lefty liner/framelock knife at this point would be new to me. I see it would be slightly easier.

In truth I am just making coversation because I am ambidextrous with a knife anyway except for a few specific tasks I prefer for left hand (finely detailed things), and certain I prefer right hand (chopping) since I write with my left and play most sports with right.
Of course do what works for you. I too can use my right for a lot of things but when it come to controlling a knife I choose lefty always.

Of course do what works for you. I too can use my right for a lot of things but when it come to controlling a knife I choose lefty always.

I actually believe truly left handed people are quite rare. Almost every lefty you talk to does atleast a few things with their right hand.

Especially common in Canada is otherwise right handed hockey players holding their stick left handed, and I have my own theories why.

I can adapt to a righty framelock even if I never used my right hand. One thing no lefty will ever adapt to is those damn spiral ring notebooks.

N_ring03.png

Agree with most of you. I used to adapt too.
And somehow strange, since beeing Leo and always Shooting right, while thrusting with Hammers, axes, batons and tonfas left, my right ability increased - and i always learn balitricks on both sides.
With knives i came to the point that i was gettig rid of all genuine right stuff. Just adapted lefty sheats for my fixed Blade Stock and Switched to left handed folders. Thank you Mr. REEVE btw...ultratechs work Good with just clip change.

Less is going to be more in the future. And even if it saddens me, to probably Never be able to own a lefty strider - for the price of a right Hand Version - im going to find some others who Start milling lefty stuff for me.

I know we are talking Striders here, but as a lefty thats been used to righty knives I was stoked to get my hands on a lefty spyderco military. Millies are my favorite knife and the lefty is my most carried. If I could get a southpaw strider for less than an arm and a leg, I probably would go for it

Back