Suggestions for sharpening Lionsteel M390 M4

Thanks sir it’s pretty nice overall but I did need to reset the bevels to suit my taste but I do have to give kudos to Lion Steel as it did arrive fairly sharp albeit a little thick behind the edge
G2

Having purchased knives in the past from you, I can attest to your sharpening ability! :)

At first I trained my sharpening skills with my wife kitchen knives. Fortunately, she's using budget blades, but at least my knives are safe from me.

Sharpened up this M4, picked it up from my friend @DavidZ and it took a very nice edge, albeit it was pretty hard steel and took some time to get a mirror bevel on there, used diamonds and then moved to Shapton glass 2k and then 8k

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

To Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley It has received the G2 betterment treatment and it is. It came out beautiful. I’ve been carrying mine and am thoroughly enjoying it. Looking forward to getting the Gardarik as per your experienced suggestion.

Nice good to hear and I do ‘steel’ (see what I did there) recommend the Gardarik as I use it when I need a longer blade
G2

I bought the shorter one so that I could carry it edc and don’t want to flip anybody out. Being that the max carry is 4” I also don’t want to push my luck. @ 4.25” I figure I’ll get away with it. Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley

Back