Sunglasses

Costas for last 15yrs. Pawleys with blue580G and seven mile with green 580G. Clearest lenses ever. Top notch.
Blue mirrors have a grey base and green mirrors have a copper base. Grey great on real sunny cloudless days. Copper is great the rest of the time.

Last edited:
I like the Porsche Designs 5621 Titan Carrera sunglasses. The frames are Gold plated Titanium. If you lift the center tab, you can swap out lenses using no tools. These also came in 14kt. and 18kt. Gold, but they were heavier.D64D2FBB-8E13-4ACA-BCCE-FD969818EEDA.jpeg

I thought I posted in this thread back in July - but I guess not.

I have a pair of Maui Jim Typhoons in the darkest lens that I have had for 15+ years. The Maui Jim lenses are so clear and provide such great color that I was sold from the instant I put them on my face. I bought my wife two pairs of Maui Jim sunglasses, and I am now looking for another pair of Typhoons - since they are no longer offered new from MJ.

I like the way the Typhoons sit on my face, and have a gentle earpiece that is easy to slide into a motorcycle helmet and get secured on your ears. They also are nice and dark; I suffer from glaucoma and have had lasik surgery in the past which both contribute to sensitivity to sunlight.

Mauis are expensive, but they are so because they are worth it in my opinion.

best

mqqn

I have more than different kinds. However for daily wear it’s Oakley’s because I prefer their ear socks which fit over and not around the ear. Much more comfortable if you ask me.

I used to wear prescription RayBans. These days I've been wearing fake Aviators from Walmart, but just switched to some cheap bifocal Aviators from readers.com so I don't have to carry reading glasses with me when I'm outside. :O

View attachment 945302

My wife got me a pair of Oakleys fuel cell sunglasses for Father's Day . Been using them but not sure I like them . so now I'm looking for a second pair of sunglasses .

What sunglasses do you guys wear and what do you recommend .

I have three pairs for different occasions.

Tortoise Shell Rayban Wayfarers
Oakley Juliets
Oliver Peoples Clifton

All three brands are owned by the same Italian company. They have a monopoly on the sunglasses/eyeglasses market.

Rayban Wayfarers. Old pair in tortoise shell and the new flat black frames are great.--KV

Revo heading X with Fuse polarized lenses.

The clarity and performance of these lenses is amazing, the originals were good too but I let them get a bit too scratched.
They were great but these definitely are better.

The frames themselves are amazing, I've sat on them too many times to count and they're still going as strong as ever. I guess the cost for the American made sunglasses is worth it.

I have three pairs for different occasions.

Tortoise Shell Rayban Wayfarers
Oakley Juliets
Oliver Peoples Clifton

All three brands are owned by the same Italian company. They have a monopoly on the sunglasses/eyeglasses market.
Luxonica or something, they also own LensCrafters.

Raybans small lens aviators for my walking around pair, with Fuse lenses in them.
Work is mostly Julbo Sherpas because they look silly, and stay stuck to my face.
I've had Smith Tac ones in the past, and have some Fuglies that I don't wear much. With wrap-arounds if they are too tight in the temples its headache time way too fast.

I've wearing Oakley's for about 14 years, starting Socket eyeglasses.

I wear glasses all day, only take them off for reading and bed. Thus, they gotta be very durable.

For sunglasses, I took a chance with a pair of prescription Nike's from an opthalmologist with custom lenses made for Chicago. The frames are ok, the lenses are phenomenal.

My glasses are Oakley air drop mediums with transitions. Fabulous.

Back