Sure is quiet here...

Mistwalker

Gold Member
Awfuly quiet here lately. If I do more stuff with the Bushfinger I get fussed at...if I do more stuff with the machete I get fussed at...

Gonna have to get another Fiddleback soon :)

I keep checking the KSF site to see more pics of the new ones.

I think everyone is just dropping in and checking on the next avalilble to us batch and then moving on. Anybody got the scoop on when its coming out? I have a feeling that "my" knife is in the next batch coming out. Just anxiously waiting. (again :rolleyes::D)

Yeah, Mist, I think it's time you let somebody else make a few videos and reviews - so send me your Fiddlebacks and I'll get started! :)

Yeah, well right now I am still fighting with the micro bevels on the convex blades Andy made me (so I cant go out and use them). I have no issue with sharpening the Scandi one, (i guess that is the point of them) but that da#n micro bevel keeps me from getting them hair popping sharp. Any recommendations?

I can't post any pictures or videos because I've only been home 10 days since late June to play with my Fiddlebacks. I work with a band and I was afraid to bring either of them with me on tour because I didn't want some customs officer in Russia, Germany or any of the dozen countries I've been to, stealing one of my prized knives. I'll be home around Dec 13th and I plan on doing some kind of video soon. I did bring a Bark River Mini Canadian with me and I ended up buying about a dozen knives from some of the places I visited. Never once had a problem with any customs people! None of the knives I bought are anywhere near as cool as my Bushcrafter and Bushboot.

I can't post any pictures or videos because I've only been home 10 days since late June to play with my Fiddlebacks. I work with a band and I was afraid to bring either of them with me on tour because I didn't want some customs officer in Russia, Germany or any of the dozen countries I've been to, stealing one of my prized knives. I'll be home around Dec 13th and I plan on doing some kind of video soon. I did bring a Bark River Mini Canadian with me and I ended up buying about a dozen knives from some of the places I visited. Never once had a problem with any customs people! None of the knives I bought are anywhere near as cool as my Bushcrafter and Bushboot.

Much better reason then me:D

Aw just great . . . It's bad enough when Mist posts shots of his daily excursions & adds a few food pics, now we are adding knives to the mix also ??? Oh god, I can hear myself now:
"Honey, Mistwalker made me do it, I can not fight the attraction and appeal of both food & steel" . . . :)
Hmmnn, on second thought, maybe that is not such a bad idea after all . . .
Thanks Mist.
Be safe.

I'm somewhat perturbed - Carved the Thanksgiving turkey with my Woodsman - Out of 16 people, no one said one word about the knife. Guess they were hungry - or scared ;):D

Yeah, Mist, I think it's time you let somebody else make a few videos and reviews - so send me your Fiddlebacks and I'll get started! :)

Lol, not like you don't have your own :p

Yeah, well right now I am still fighting with the micro bevels on the convex blades Andy made me (so I cant go out and use them). I have no issue with sharpening the Scandi one, (i guess that is the point of them) but that da#n micro bevel keeps me from getting them hair popping sharp. Any recommendations?

I just treated mine like any other secondary and sharpened on a ceramic stone. No issues at all so far.

Ok, then you're excused :thumbup: :)

Aw just great . . . It's bad enough when Mist posts shots of his daily excursions & adds a few food pics, now we are adding knives to the mix also ??? Oh god, I can hear myself now:
"Honey, Mistwalker made me do it, I can not fight the attraction and appeal of both food & steel" . . . :)
Hmmnn, on second thought, maybe that is not such a bad idea after all . . .
Thanks Mist.
Be safe.

That's ok bro, blame it on me...everything else is my fault anyway, if you don't believe me just ask my ex :D

I'm somewhat perturbed - Carved the Thanksgiving turkey with my Woodsman - Out of 16 people, no one said one word about the knife. Guess they were hungry - or scared ;):D

I guess that would annoy me too.

Next time use it to carve a whole Rotisserie chicken at KFC. Got some funny looks doing that with my Ka-Bar once :)

How about you start a passaround with that machete and I bet it gets loud in here

How about you start a passaround with that machete and I bet it gets loud in here

If this one had a factory edge I already would have done that. This one was defective because he got into the grind and it was pretty thin in one spot...then I wrinkled it on a hard ass knot like an idiot. After that I removed the edge down to a 0.033" flat and put a secondary bevel on it. Since then I have chopped all kinds of stuff...walnut, hickory, maple you name it...and had no problems but it's not an exact representation of what he will be producing so I don't feel comfortable passing it around.

Man...wiggled out of that one didn't I :)

SSHHHHHH!!! You'll wake Andy up. It finally got quiet enough in here he can get some sleep and work on knives.:D

So when are those machetes coming in?:D
I couldn't help it.:cool:

Moose

If this one had a factory edge I already would have done that. This one was defective because he got into the grind and it was pretty thin in one spot...then I wrinkled it on a hard ass knot like an idiot. After that I removed the edge down to a 0.033" flat and put a secondary bevel on it. Since then I have chopped all kinds of stuff...walnut, hickory, maple you name it...and had no problems but it's not an exact representation of what he will be producing so I don't feel comfortable passing it around.

Man...wiggled out of that one didn't I :)

mist you and your machete are killing me :) and yes you squirmed out of that one nicely. i can't wait for him to get some more in. just based off your video's, constant photos, and reviews (and some might say bragging or rubbing salt in the wounds...not me but some might say)
i have to have one damn it :) thanks for reminding me again

mist you and your machete are killing me :) and yes you squirmed out of that one nicely. i can't wait for him to get some more in. just based off your video's, constant photos, and reviews (and some might say bragging or rubbing salt in the wounds...not me but some might say)
i have to have one damn it :) thanks for reminding me again

Sorry bro :eek: , I guess it's a good thing I don't post every pic I take of using it...and that I don't photograph everything I do with it. Threw a quick shelter the other day during a discussion with some friends and students and I had to make myself leave the camera out of it...no matter how much I wanted to brag :D

OK Mist, I missed the one with the machette, so what's up with it & the review?? My wife turned loose of some more cash for this month, looks like I can go "shopping" again . . . :)
Be safe.
p.s.: She also loved your comment about the food & knives combo . .

OK Mist, I missed the one with the machette, so what's up with it & the review?? My wife turned loose of some more cash for this month, looks like I can go "shopping" again . . . :)
Be safe.
p.s.: She also loved your comment about the food & knives combo . .

Apparently I haven't posted the actual review of the machete here because it is a compilation of other posts that I have posted here...however here is a thread with a short video of it.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=789892

I used a DMT on mine, followed by loaded strop, and then plain leather. It took a little time to get mine there, but I like razors :thumbup:

Back