Survival Knife Sheaths

Brigade Quartermasters (actiongear.com) has a wide assortment of pouches. There are pouches of different sizes which goes with their Molle Gear. I have their catalog, so I look at it rather going to the web site. I recall a fairly good selection at cheaper than dirt.

The nylon SOG sheath for the Seal Pup Elite is a pretty good sheath. Has a pocket large enough for a 111 mm SAK to fit in comfortably. The sheath should fit any knife of similar dimensions. Has a flap that covers the knife and pocket. You can see it on the SOG web site.

I would rather have a special belt with clips on it, and once you have the belt on clip whatever you need to it, like batmans utility belt or what have you. I dont like having too much weight all in one spot.

you might check out survival sheath systems website they have two sizes one for blades 6in or less and one for I think 9in blades but for more exotic knives like the tom brown tracker knife(the hunted)I'd find something else

I would rather have a special belt with clips on it, and once you have the belt on clip whatever you need to it, like batmans utility belt or what have you.

GI web gear isn't the most fashionable :eyeroll: but if you can get past that, its pretty hard to beat for utility, versatility, and ruggedness. Plus it's generally pretty inexpensive.

From now on when my woman gives me gruff about my "rambo" gear, I'ma just tell her, "no, baby, it's my batman belt!" :D

you might check out survival sheath systems website they have two sizes one for blades 6in or less and one for I think 9in blades but for more exotic knives like the tom brown tracker knife(the hunted)I'd find something else

Robert H. at Survival Sheath Systems can CUSTOM make a sheath for, as far as I know, anything with an edge. I've been extremely pleased with his kydex work and I'm not very easy to please.

After trying other sheaths, I've finally decided to make my own...

JackSheath.jpg

The design has evolved over the years, and has been serving fairly well.

cheers,

Lemme see:

• Pitchwood
  • Metal match
  • Diamond rod sharpener
  • Sewing/ fix-it kit
  • Zip ties
  • Nails
  • Duct tape
  • Cord
Just the basics to knock together a shelter and get a fire going
and fix a few problems...

hi good point but I prefer POSSIBLES BAG+KNIFEw ith its own sheath.
Why? becouse if you lost your knife sheath combo you lost everything.

I carry a Busse Hell Razor in a Spec-ops survival sheath.It fits it so well.I heated the liner and shaped it to the blade for maximum fit and stability.I keep a multi-tool,small bit of paper,pencil,bic lighter and some differently sized band-aids in mine.If i could find a way to somehow fit my gun into it I'd never have to come home from the woods.

Back