Survival knife ?

Damage shots are the hardest, and I am with you on the rest - comparison shots. I'll do it today, as long as nothing intervenes, like the guy maybe 20 ft away from me dropping over dead about 3 hrs ago. Talk about damage shots.
What?!? Jeez Bob, I'm sure he didn't mean to let his dog go on your lawn. 😉😂

Anyways, that's closer to death that I care to be. Pics whenever you have the time; I'm sure it will reduce the building demand for this model. 😉

Here are six images, not the best I've taken, by far, of length comparisons and of blade width comparisons. I had forgotten about how wide in comparison to the others the shiv is:

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

I am SERIOUSLY not set up for width comparisons, obviously. I need to add some backgrounds and positioners to my stuff so I can at least adequately image. I can get the light right, but never had a proper background set.

^ I have got to start using a broom for our images here

I'd like to see the LC and the new knife handles right up next to each other, side and top view for comparison of length and width.

^ the handle on that knife isn't the handle we're using. Related, but not the same.

Thanks for all the replies and updates and pics. It really is exciting to see a knife of this level develop before our eyes :thumbup:

^ the handle on that knife isn't the handle we're using. Related, but not the same.

I thought I had read something, maybe from Lorien?, that some of the ergo stuff and handle might be seeing some slight remodeling. I don't mind taking the images at all, but didn't want to offer any opinions, not having been a tester, but only a mere coveter. But knowing the handle may change a bit doesn't change my opinion that this is a really way cool knife that rests inhand easily and exudes performance piece without being heavy.

Now, about my new line of related sweeping solutions...........

yup, I'm looking forward to testing this knife and figuring it out

I am SERIOUSLY not set up for width comparisons, obviously. I need to add some backgrounds and positioners to my stuff so I can at least adequately image. I can get the light right, but never had a proper background set.
Thanks for the comparisons!

SK definitely has thicker stock than the LC (from what I can tell). Is the shiv thicker?

This survival knife will be the perfect belt knife for a lot of people. Wonder when these might be available for purchase.

Thanks for the comparisons!

SK definitely has thicker stock than the LC (from what I can tell). Is the shiv thicker?

A little bit. Here are the thickness of various patterns:

10" Dagger .280"
10" Heavy Chopper .260"
8" Shiv, A2 .250"
8" Shiv, 3V .235"
10" Medium Chopper, .225"
6" Combat Utility Fluffer Not-A-Survival-Knife-Needs-A-Name, .225"
10" Light Chopper, .188"
Field Knife, .188"
6" Utility Fighter, .165"
3" EDC, .135"
Potato Knife, .130"
D2 Skinner, .125"

A little bit. Here are the thickness of various patterns:

10" Dagger .280"
10" Heavy Chopper .260"
8" Shiv, A2 .250"
8" Shiv, 3V .235"
10" Medium Chopper, .225"
6" Combat Utility Fluffer Not-A-Survival-Knife-Needs-A-Name, .225"
10" Light Chopper, .188"
Field Knife, .188"
6" Utility Fighter, .165"
3" EDC, .135"
Potato Knife, .130"
D2 Skinner, .125"
Thank you for sharing the thickness spec for all of the models.

Wait... there's a medium chopper???

Wait... there's a medium chopper???

I noticed this as well. I assumed it was a test piece getting to the Light Chopper from the .260 to .188.
If this is a whole new model my credit card is ready to go!!!

Interesting! Pretty close in Specifications to the Keffeler Silverback?

Last edited:
The handle width on the SK looks pretty beefy, especially next to the FK. I don't have small hands by any measure, but I really love how the FK feels in my hand. I hope the SK will feel as good.

Back