Survival Scenario #336

"Not too bad" says Yvsa takin stock. ;)
I've got within easy reach,
My wallet, was getting ready to order something online,
A Darrel Bedoni Medicine Flute and a recorder so we can have music and I can fulfill my obligation if anyone should ask,
The original Foxy Folly,
2nd Gen Foxy Folly Prototype,
A Last Legend Heavy Duty Dagger,
Assorted sharpeners diamonds included,
A partial bag of trail mix and an almost full jar of Planters peanuts,
My water cup of course,
A Bilton,
A Seax,
A good sized karda,
A pretty black Micarta handled O-1 tool steel knife with red spacers,;)
A small Kothimoda,
A couple of steel kagas katnes,
Ballistol,
Armor All,
Polish, Flitz, and Simichrome,
Partial spray bottle of Cedar Oil.
English/Cherokee Dictionary,
The Seven Myths of Gun Control,
Assorted Analogs,
And more.:D :cool: :D ;)

Yvsa said:
...A pretty black Micarta handled O-1 tool steel knife with red spacers,;)

Email sent on this one...

(Yes...I remember it well) :D

You asked a good time. I'm sitting on the couch in my room, at the laptop. Upstairs in the computer room I would not be so fortunate. Here's what's within reach:

gear.jpg

300 miles is a long way to hike. I get thirsty. 'Nuff said.

You guys will give me a khuk for that Ballistol. That's covered. ;)

It's going to be an interesting trip and a more interesting rebuild. Folks will want to see the video.

If there's any Jack left by the time I get there I'll share it, but the Young's Oatmeal Stout? All mine. (Not sure if you can see the frost in the pic, but it's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice and cold.)

At first I was a little worried... but then I noticed there weren't any BEARs mentioned. Zombies are easy... Bears, that's another matter :D

I've got a bunch of unpaid bills, my mouse and a half burnt Vanilla scented candle. I'll grab the dog too if he will come just a bit closer...

Alan

ACStudios said:
I'll grab the dog too if he will come just a bit closer...

Alan

hehehe...He's too smart for that! You've got that *survival* look in your eyes!

Being here and gone again I sometimes forget why I love this place.

This thread, and threads like them, are reasons why.

Spanish 1911 knockoff in 9mm (I only have 2 8 round mags and ~100 rounds of 9 within arms reach, and my 45 is in my bedroom), two 440c hunting knife I made (HT by Paul Bos), BAS by "Kami with no Name", Benchmade 710 in ATS-34, Spyderco Calypso with Spydie edge in VG-10, cheapo razor blade knife, sling shot with a bag of ball bearings, my Lansky and a few other stones, and quality bookbag to carry all my crap.

(I just wish I could get to my .22 upstairs...that is a game getter.)

And I have my cell phone in my right pocket.

All I need is this stapler. That's all I need. And these paper clips and that's it. Well, maybe this power cord, but that's all I need.

Let's see, within reach without getting out of the chair, Smith 39 w/2 mags, Rem 870, chainpuri, queen copperhead, wallet, mini mag, empty bottle of pyramid hefeweizen, and my hot mama. She's mean and can kick zombie ass, or harang you out of your measly goods so that I can hoard it for myself. Oh, and my pit. If he doesn't catch me food or kill zombies, I'll eat him. Tastes like chicken. I still don't know what I will do with the empty bottle, but I know that it is more usefull than the bills piled next to it.

stevo von meano

Hmph.

From my desk here, I only have my cell phone and a stack of CDs. I'm not even wearing a sidearm right now...

'Course, I do have this wickedly sharp Spyderco Yojimbo in my left pocket...

Bud Malstrom once told me he could stop a tank with a stick. By a somewhat similar process, I'm pretty sure I'll be okay. ;)

Wonder how zombies react to whiskey? :confused:

John

stevomiller said:
Oh, and my pit. If he doesn't catch me food or kill zombies, I'll eat him. Tastes like chicken.

stevo von meano
I'm jealous, ndn dogs taste like dog.:rolleyes: :grumpy: :p Do all pits taste like chicken? :confused:
If an ndn had a pit would she/he taste like chicken or revert and taste like plain old rez dog? :rolleyes:
When a pit gets old do you have to stew 'em so they aren't as tough just like chicken? :eek:
Can pits be fricassed like chicken or do you have to use plain old dog recipes? :yawn:
What's your favorite pit recipe? :D
Can pits be BBQ'd? :cool: If so how are pits with Barb's BBQ sauce? :footinmou

Is it me, or is the plane in SamuraiDave's avatar dropping a load of kukris on the enemy??

Better than being hit by a bomb I suppose, but still rather unpleasant.

Then again, most anything dropped out of a plane that lands on you would probably be unpleasant.

~ b

Unka Yvsa, it is true that the white man's pit bull does indeed taste better than the ndn dog. This is part of the great mystery that we have kept from you. Also, did you not know that weiner dogs are what the white man makes weiners from? Another piece of the great mystery of the dog face from the east. This is why we feed our dogs lamb and rice, or chicken and rice dog food. I have never eaten a pit that did not need to be stewed, as they have more muscle than an old jack rabbit, and tend to be stringy and dry otherwise. I do believe that they would taste wonderful with Barb's BBQ sauce, as would siamese or persian cats. I love middle eastern and south east asian delicacies!

Hell, in my home office all I have is mostly work stuff. I have a nice Boker 6" very sharp steel letter opener that could do some damage I suppose, and within reach I have a 2 Million CP spotlight, an EverReady lantern, a power megaphone, and an older aluminium PR-24 baton my son gave me.

All the good stuff is in the bedroom or the downstairs den. The light and megaphone are to light up the driveway from the upstairs office, and call the dog from 3 blocks away! :D

Norm

Within Reach huh? Ok 12 AK by Bura, JKMx3, Smith & Wesson 6906 (9mm)3 15 round mags(loaded), 16 in Chiruwa Ak, Cold Steel Pendleton Mini hunter, Surefire E2e flashlight, CAR type AR-15 with 6 30rd mags(4 loaded)/6 20rd mags and 1000 rounds of 556 ammo, and a military issue pack to carry it in.
In the closet is a Sig P220 in (45 acp) and 4 8rnd loaded mags. Overkill maybe, but if we're talkin survival I think not. Yes I am the S.W.A.T. team lmao.

James

Let me see...
I have just arrived home and I have taken my pants off, and I am barefoot in the chair. On the computer table I have three Spydercos; a Dodo, a Chinese folder and a Salsa. I have my sun glasses, my wallet ($13 in $1 bills :rolleyes: ), my Surefire 6P, a box of matches, a digital camera, a PDA and two boxes that arrived today with 6 galons of water in AquaPack cartons; an stapler, a glass full of pens and a few books.
Resuming, I´ll have enough water to cross the desert, but I'll have to do it barefoot wearing just a pair of boxers and a t-shirt. With such smallish folders, I will have problems cutting the heads of the zombies, but at least I will be able to take wonderful photos of the whole ordeal.
:p :D

Tbar

Tbar, I if my dog won't kill zombies I will trade you some pitbull meat for some water. For more water and if you photograph the hot mama and me I will then trade you his hide to make britches. He is a nice tan color with white feet and chest. You will look quite the splendid barbarian!

Swiss army knife in pocket
ball point pen
stapler
small ceramic jug
pack of clear acetate sheets (solar stills, signalling, draw zombie face on one with pen to slip through zombie territory.)

Tom

Let's see....first off I wanna know why you guys like to sit half naked at the computer? :D ...Then again maybe not. :eek:

I've got scissors, pen light w/batteries, hemostats , a bic, heavy duty thread (sutures?). That gives me light, heat and a basis for surgery. Two lightfoot knives, two murry Carter chef knives, a ocean master titanium dive knife.
I'll probably grab the maps so I know where I'm going. Ha! found a am/fm/shortwave/weather radio. The insulated curtains to my left would make a good blanket. A long extention cord would work as rope, a snare, or fishing line.

The tough part would be decidng on which five items.
O.K.,five items.... largest Lightfoot fixed blade, lighter (fire, signaling), curtain (sun shelter, night blanket), map, extention cord.

Back