Survive! GSO 4 Limited Edition Regrind

There may be more to it, but it sounds like it's mostly to cover the custom sheath that comes with it.

Looking forward to what you think if it, Watson :thumbup:

I agree, it has to be for the outside work done on a custom sheath. Very understandable.

Order without the Sheath and save $100. It was stated the restocking fee was to account for the $100 sheath.
I'm used to the world of Busse which are sold without sheaths. Many great makers out there, so no worries.

Same here, but can't dig the $100 restock fee for canceling given Survive's track record for sticking to lead time commitments. I'm sure they'll sell out though.

I understand that our track record with lead times hasn't been great but I want everyone to know that we put a lot of thought into this preorder based on the feedback we have been receiving. Guy believes the orders will start shipping out in 4 months so I was sure to extend that time frame quite a bit. Additionally, the blades have already finished at production grinding so they are MUCH further along. The handles are on schedule to start machining and there are a lot less blades so every step will be a bit quicker. Even the restocking fee serves a dual purpose, to protect us from losses due to cancelled orders and to encourage people to think a bit more about if they want to preorder or not. We were also sure to limit the number of preorders we are accepting. We are learning as we go, listening to your feedback and doing what we can to improve.

Thank you for the update and I'm pulling for your changes to lead to an improvement in delivery.

Speaking for myself only, I'm fine with 6-10 months as long as it means <=10 months. 6-10 turning in to 12+ is where it stops working for me.

I'm in for one. I think it'll make a great kitchen knife. 20cv and a slicing edge = vegetable slayer! And a more comfortable handle to boot.

Hmmm. Almost bought one but I think I will wait for my 4.5 instead.

edit: Changed my mind, lol.

Last edited:
There may be more to it, but it sounds like it's mostly to cover the custom sheath that comes with it.

Looking forward to what you think if it, Watson :thumbup:

I get that but if the order is cancelled, would it not be re-sold? Doubt they'd be out the sheath money

Yes, but there's administrative costs for refunds. They are trying to reduce cancelations and refunds while covering their overhead. That's just good business

Wow! $184.00 without the sheath, and in 20CV too. I'm tempted. Really tempted. BUT, in light of the past and the fact that I have a 2.7 on the way, and a 4.1 and 4.7 in hand, I'll wait.

I can't do another 10 months.

I wish I could get one and make some custom sheaths. My kydex would be way less than $100.00.

I picked one up without sheath , wanted to see which sheath style Brian at sagewood is crafting up !!! Before I commit to the sheath , but honestly all the sheaths Sagewood makes are top notch !!

I get that but if the order is cancelled, would it not be re-sold? Doubt they'd be out the sheath money

I'm not sure! I could see it going both ways. For SURVIVE! I guess it's better to play it safe with the limited edition stuff.

I gave in.

Reason: have been considering the Fiddleback production Kephart but had reservations about a couple of things and really would rather buy a hand-made knife from FF rather than the production for the price. Buying one of these sans sheath (couldn't afford it at this time) gives me an option to try something very similar but possibly more to my liking.

...I wish I could get one and make some custom sheaths. My kydex would be way less than $100.00.

Do you want to borrow mine when it comes in?

I was also thinking of sending it to Grog if he decides he wants to build a leather sheath of his own for people.

Last edited:
I understand that our track record with lead times hasn't been great but I want everyone to know that we put a lot of thought into this preorder based on the feedback we have been receiving. Guy believes the orders will start shipping out in 4 months so I was sure to extend that time frame quite a bit. Additionally, the blades have already finished at production grinding so they are MUCH further along. The handles are on schedule to start machining and there are a lot less blades so every step will be a bit quicker. Even the restocking fee serves a dual purpose, to protect us from losses due to cancelled orders and to encourage people to think a bit more about if they want to preorder or not. We were also sure to limit the number of preorders we are accepting. We are learning as we go, listening to your feedback and doing what we can to improve.

These are smart moves. I applaud.

Another video on IG shows the handle has been reprofiled from the old spec 4.1 and Guy says it will have the newer contoured handles. Fantastic.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back