Survive! GSO 4 Limited Edition Regrind

I think they're available for the 5.1, 4.7 and I believe the image Silver posted is the new spec 4.1. Sheath, since there isn't any LE4's done yet.

Yeah, I was surprised to see how long it took for them to sell out of these. Considering how quick everything else always sells out.
Hopefully once they get through the 4.7s things will start rolling for them (and us) and we will start seeing these closer to the 6 month mark than the 10 month mark. Anyway I know it will be worth the wait!

I suspect that since these were an entire production run of knives the number of units for sale was rather more than usual.

I believe it has been said that there was a box of 400 of these knives. That didn't seam like that many to me.

Who else is excited for this?! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Last edited:
I'm excited. I love my 4.1 but I always wanted one in thinner stock. When the spec's for the 4.5 came I knew I had to have it. Now I get to have my first wish granted and the 4.1 limited will undoubtedly be my favorite for hunting and most likely EDC as well.

I was very tempted to order a 4.1 but they are so close to the 4.7 I held off and when this came up I was glad I did. I think this will be a cool one with the thinner stock. Should make for a fun light knife. I see this one being with me a lot!

I really like the 4.1s. When I used them this fall, being primarily a hunter rather than a bushcrafter, one thing I found that wasn't ideal for the way I skin is that the drop point (spear point?) is very steep and I had to hold at a bit of an unnatural angle to split out legs during skinning. Still, a very good knife, one of my favorites, but I think this limited version might work better for me. I'm excited to get ahold of one.

Thanks Silver, and heck yeah the hat part is awesome. I am down for a hat for sure!

HK, have you check out the 4.5? I believe that one has a similar blade profile to this and would do slicing and skinnng well too.

Nice screenshot, CO! That camo handle looks so good.

Here's the link to watch the video. Watch to the end... HATS!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BO2hk9bD2Da/

:eek:

stash-1-244250d58073b0ed1.jpeg

Mind (very briefly) blown.

HK, have you check out the 4.5? I believe that one has a similar blade profile to this and would do slicing and skinnng well too.

I'm really regretful at not having ordered a 4.5 during the starter, only being able to put so much money down during the preorders. There were just too many models that I really liked. That's why I jumped on the 4 Limited, being so close to the 4.5, and I'd had some time to recoup funds since then. I'm going to try very hard to land a 4.5 on the secondary market, or by company sale when they get close. Did you get a 4.5 on order?

HK, yeah I would have loved to order a half dozen different models during the starter... no I didnt get a 4.5 ordered but looked at it a lot. I really wanted something like the 4.5 but only around 4" so when the 4 limited poped up
I jumped on it!

Lol. We're in the same boat. A guy can only do what he can! :D I still want to see these two side by side someday.

Back