Survive! GSO 4 Limited Edition Regrind

This is a pretty interesting knife. I'd rather see it in 3v and CFV. I'd say it's probably similar to the LT Wright GNS but just a touch thinner. I am more excited about the GSO 4.5 Bushcraft especially since it'll be in 3v.

This is a pretty interesting knife. I'd rather see it in 3v and CFV. I'd say it's probably similar to the LT Wright GNS but just a touch thinner. I am more excited about the GSO 4.5 Bushcraft especially since it'll be in 3v.

I NEED a 4.5, but since I didn't/couldn't get in back then, I jumped on this one. Since you would rather have it in 3V or CFV, are you thinking of bushcraft with it then, V? I'm thinking of using it for a game knife, so am content with the 20CV (Until I can get a 4.5! :D )

I NEED a 4.5, but since I didn't/couldn't get in back then, I jumped on this one. Since you would rather have it in 3V or CFV, are you thinking of bushcraft with it then, V? I'm thinking of using it for a game knife, so am content with the 20CV (Until I can get a 4.5! :D )

In 3v it could be either. It should be thin enough to skin and strong enough to work on joints as well as wood cut and carving tasks. Maybe CFV could do it too but the new D3V could make an ultimate knife for a guy like you. But to answer your question yes and EDC.

I changed my mind and added the leather sheath to my order today (emailed S!K). It will be a nice change to have a leather sheath but if I ever wanted to sell it it will be more difficult; left handed version. ;)

I changed my mind and added the leather sheath to my order today (emailed S!K). It will be a nice change to have a leather sheath but if I ever wanted to sell it it will be more difficult; left handed version. ;)

Well, guess you will just have to keep it then...
I went back and forth on the sheath but I'm really just not crazy about the style sheath they picked so I skipped it. Now if it was a regular Sagewood belt sheath I would have been full in on that. So I will have to figure out a sheath worthy for this sweet knife now!

I believe these have the same profile as the 4.1, just a different grind. As such, Sagewood will have a sheath that will work.

I think these are simalar to the old spec 4.1 but with more contorted handleslike the new spec, so I'll be curious if the old spec 4.1 sheaths will work for these.
My guess would be they don't quite fit, otherwise why wouldn't Survive offer the old spec 4.1 kydex sheaths as an option??? Maybe the old spec 4.1 leather sheaths would be more forgiving than the kydex...

Last edited:
Kydex has to form to the blade shape to get good retention. Leather is different. Brian at Sagewood will know for sure which model of sheath will work. He will for sure have sheathsome in various models for the new 4.1 when they are out, and will know if they'll work. I'll sure there will be options, including kydex from various makers soon.

So TR got me comparing specs of the other similar models after the "maybe the 4.1 sheaths will work" discussion. So for everyone's viewing pleasure here is my "spec comparison".
Keep in mind the 4-Limited specs are put together from a combination of the Survive website and Instagram videos, these are not exact published specs for teh 4 Limited.

4-Limited 4.5 Bushcraft 4.1 old spec 4.1 new spec
Blade Length 4.2"4.5"4.375"4.56"
Blade Height 1.1"1.125"1.24"1.25"
Overall length 8.825"9.5"9.0"9.43"
Blade thickness 0.125"0.115"0.16"0.16"

Last edited:
I had to search back a ways to find this thread, but since the GSO 4 Limited Edition Regrind can be ordered I figured I'd bump it. :)
The estimated delivery date is six months from the time of order.

I had to search back a ways to find this thread, but since the GSO 4 Limited Edition Regrind can be ordered I figured I'd bump it. :)
The estimated delivery date is six months from the time of order.

It can be ordered now?

It can be ordered now?

Yep, the batch that is headed off to heat treating includes more blades than what was preordered before. So we figured we would list those extras to give folks another chance to get an order in before the price goes up.

Great pic and little nugget of design philosophy from Guy in the comments to blade_chuudoku

a3VCNXp.jpg

I am really looking forward to this one. I have one of these. A 7/7 and a 6 all on order. I think this one will be the keeper of the group for my needs. I want something for hiking and back country use while fishing. Also use as a general camp knife. I want something relitivly light and a good slicer.

This knife looks way better than I expected , (thanks silver ) . I just put it in my cart and realized I went over my monthly knife budget . I'm gonna be rubbing the old lady's feet tonight when she gets home lol

Back