Survive! Knives Heads Up

Haha! They're ok on big knives like the 10, but I just can't get used to them on smaller knives.

That 7/7 is actually a great price. I thought he was asking $395.

M390 4.1 with a little polishing on the primary bevels just popped up in the exchange! It looks nice!

Theres a 10 a 5.1 and 2 necker2s in the facebook group. Looks reasonably priced too

GSO 5 up on the popular auction site right now. Cheap buy it now price!

Alright folks, I need some opinions:

I was sent a "test knife" for the new HT protocol - old-spec GSO-4.1 with camo-micarta scales and peened CPM-3V, sagewood leather vertical/scout sheath as can be found on the S!K website.
A couple things:
1) the knife has been used and resharpened
2) Guy responded to the results of ni1s and my tests that showed edge-damage in specific use, so he and Peters tweaked the HT before putting out the new 5.1s, hence the edge-damage on the 4.1 from cutting through the metal can but none on the 5.1 in my newest testing video.

I am going to list this for sale, but wanted your opinion on whether i should list it here or on Ebay or on the Facebook fan-page. I'd rather not list on Ebay due to fees, but I do want to maximize the selling price BECAUSE we all just learned that Ellie married Guy and all proceeds from this knife will go to them as a wedding present (it is, after all, their knife, and I don't want it anyway ;) )

So here is the question - where do you think I should list it? And do you think $325 USD is too little or fair for this used but rare version of the GSO-4.1 + sagewood leather sheath with proceeds going to Mrs. Seiferd? :)

I hope this post doesn't violate any rules - if so it will be edited.

P1040029.JPG

P1040032.JPG

P1040183.JPG

P1040184.JPG

First, you're a better man than most, what a generous idea!

Second, if you want to maximize profit I'd say put that beast on ebay with a fancy description about how rare it is and let the bidding work itself out. Personally I feel like ebay is less personal than here or Facebook and I'd feel more comfortable going into fundraising mode.

Great idea Chiral!!
I agree with Silver on this one. Facebook or on here would be great.

Great idea Chiral!!
I agree with Silver on this one. Facebook or on here would be great.

I do a great job confusing my own thoughts :D

I meant to say the bidding format and anonymity of eBay would generate more money... possibly. If the main idea is generating money, I'd personally feel a little awkward selling to a FB or maybe BF member.

Back