Survive! Knives - My journey so far

Hi, I love what I see and hear about Survive! knives. I just wish there was a U.K. dealer, someone like Heinnie Haynes. Importing individually is a hassle. I recently sent a Sebenza back for warranty work and had problems with customs on the return. Will a U.K. dealer ever be a possibility?

Our knives have been pretty popular with international communities and we do our best to keep that in mind. We specifically charge less for shipping to try and decrease the overall burden on you guys. Right now it is only $10 for all international orders. As we get back on top of production we will be reaching out to more international dealers, to make things even easier for you.

We don't currently have any dealers specifically in the U.K. We actually don't have any dealers right now. But Lamina.com still buys from us and they are a lot closer to you than we are. I'm not sure the postage rules within Europe but I would assume it can't be worse than ordering directly from us.

Our knives have been pretty popular with international communities and we do our best to keep that in mind. We specifically charge less for shipping to try and decrease the overall burden on you guys. Right now it is only $10 for all international orders. As we get back on top of production we will be reaching out to more international dealers, to make things even easier for you.

We don't currently have any dealers specifically in the U.K. We actually don't have any dealers right now. But Lamina.com still buys from us and they are a lot closer to you than we are. I'm not sure the postage rules within Europe but I would assume it can't be worse than ordering directly from us.

I bought a GSO 5.1 from Lamnia and had it shipped to the USA and it was a smooth experience. It took just three days to arrive with no additional costs, just like ordering from a US supplier. Thumbs up for Lamnia :thumbup:

I bought a GSO 5.1 from Lamnia and had it shipped to the USA and it was a smooth experience. It took just three days to arrive with no additional costs, just like ordering from a US supplier. Thumbs up for Lamnia :thumbup:

This is awesome news, what a cool company. I noticed they updated their site. Instead of listing every S! knives and showing most as out of stock, they only list what they have available.

Dear Mr. Mark-in-Oz -- while I haven't read all of the threads here, I've seen 5.0's come and go for sale on BF's? Do like the rest of us idiots. Buy one, find out it's really not for you and turn around and sell it? Or keep it? Guy can customize it for you? Just a thought. One nice thing about these knives are that they keep their value!

Hi Kootaga13,

I have no problem buying one off the exchange, except I'm poor at regularly checking, and particular about what options I want (3V with ferro notch, black micarta without bow drill divot, black kydex). But sure, I'll keep an eye out.

Honestly, most of the time I'm fine to wait. Clearly I was frustrated in my OP, but some good information has come of it, like there's new plans for a reservation campaign. Once I get an order squared away, the waiting becomes much more exciting.

I didn't realise Guy and Elle were so responsive here, which is great. If I do get frustrated again, I'll just check back and see if there's any more news.

$10 for all international orders? Would'n that be loosing money?

Bit off topic, if S!K ever want to make the site multi-lingual, I'm more than will to do the Traditional Chinese part ;)

I really appreciate the 10$ international shipping.

There are some retailers who offer free shipping in the US.
(You know there is nothing free, these retailers have already calculated shipping costs into their prices,it might even been cheaper if they quoted shipping costs and you ordered multiple items in one shipping).
Anyway these retailers ask premium prices for international shipping. If free shipping is one of their marketing features they could ask less for international shipping.

Mind that the shipping cost also count into the calculation of duties, taxes and "administration costs".

In this aspect it's really something that Survive! makes such a statement

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi Kootaga13,

I have no problem buying one off the exchange, except I'm poor at regularly checking, and particular about what options I want (3V with ferro notch, black micarta without bow drill divot, black kydex). But sure, I'll keep an eye out.

Honestly, most of the time I'm fine to wait. Clearly I was frustrated in my OP, but some good information has come of it, like there's new plans for a reservation campaign. Once I get an order squared away, the waiting becomes much more exciting.

I didn't realise Guy and Elle were so responsive here, which is great. If I do get frustrated again, I'll just check back and see if there's any more news.

Hey Mark, maybe we could ALL keep an eye out for you?

Back