SURVIVE! rumors

In the last week I've seen several posts here and on other forums about people waiting for an sk5 or looking forward to a gso12. I've searched for information on these and other rumors, but haven't found anything at all.

So, my questions are: what unreleased S!K knives have you heard about snd where did you hear it?

I read something about a top secret folder in the works. And I think it was in this forum actually...

Oh, and unicorn armour too! ;)

As already mentioned, I've been hearing about a Survive! Folder, but can neither confirm nor deny the truth of this rumor.

In the last week I've seen several posts here and on other forums about people waiting for an sk5 or looking forward to a gso12. I've searched for information on these and other rumors, but haven't found anything at all.

So, my questions are: what unreleased S!K knives have you heard about snd where did you hear it?

Hey,

I might be able to help with some of the rumors, I've heard a few myself. lol

On the SK models, we have only done an experimental run so far, based on the GSO-4.1. They went well and we do plan on offering more SK models in the future. I have some big changes coming not too far down the road, so I'm not really willing to go into further detail yet. I do in fact have a GSO-12 and an M-12(machete) in the works but it will be a bit yet before I'll be able to get to those. The big blades are really expensive to produce.

There is a folder design that I hope to be able to bring to market sometime this year, as well as several other models. I've actually got 13 unique knife models in total that are all finalized and another 3 on the drawing board, that should be completed soon. Some are revisions of current models and others are completely new. I'm beyond excited about them and believe they represent some of my very best design work to date. We do have quite a bit of CPM-3V and CPM-20CV steel waiting to be cut into fixed blades and we do already have the blade steel for the folder. I will drop this teaser, the first production run of the folders will be offered in both CPM-20CV and CPM-S90V.

How fast we can get things done really just comes down to money. We're a really small company, so unless we are approached by a kind hearted millionaire investor who wants to help fast track our growth without wanting to hijack my company I've just got to be patient and grow a little bit at a time.

-Guy

Hey,

On the SK models, we have only done an experimental run so far, based on the GSO-4.1. They went well and we do plan on offering more SK models in the future. I have some big changes coming not too far down the road, so I'm not really willing to go into further detail yet. I do in fact have a GSO-12 and an M-12(machete) in the works but it will be a bit yet before I'll be able to get to those. The big blades are really expensive to produce.

There is a folder design that I hope to be able to bring to market sometime this year, as well as several other models. I've actually got 13 unique knife models in total that are all finalized and another 3 on the drawing board, that should be completed soon. Some are revisions of current models and others are completely new. I'm beyond excited about them and believe they represent some of my very best design work to date. We do have quite a bit of CPM-3V and CPM-20CV steel waiting to be cut into fixed blades and we do already have the blade steel for the folder. I will drop this teaser, the first production run of the folders will be offered in both CPM-20CV and CPM-S90V.

How fast we can get things done really just comes down to money. We're a really small company, so unless we are approached by a kind hearted millionaire investor who wants to help fast track our growth without wanting to hijack my company I've just got to be patient and grow a little bit at a time.

-Guy

CPM-S90V:thumbup::thumbup:

Hey,

-Guy

Wow, Guy! I didn't expect a response from you, but thanks so much for the information. This is an exciting time to be a SURVIVE! fan!

-Guy

I'll keep that in mind..

Well there goes my kids college fund. ...LOL. I can't wait to see wait to see what you have coming.
Thanks for keeping your fans up to date Guy!

Giggidy!!!!!!!!!!! A folding version of the 3.5 would be sick!

Hey,

-Guy

^----- Ooh be still my heart... :eek:
I'm totally in for a folder in CPM-20CV AND CPM-S90V!!!!! :D

A GSO-12 AND an M-12 Machete?!?!! Save-for-new-toys-mode: Engaged...

Can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve Guy!
Patiently standing by... ;)

Hey,

-Guy

Holy crap. I'm so excited over the prospect of a folder and a machete.

Any chance you guys would do an axe or hatchet, or are you sticking only to knife-shaped stuff?

Holy crap. I'm so excited over the prospect of a folder and a machete.

Any chance you guys would do an axe or hatchet, or are you sticking only to knife-shaped stuff?

I do have a rough design for a solid steel medium sized axe but that is a long way down the road yet. So many things to get done between here and there.

-Guy

I do have a rough design for a solid steel medium sized axe but that is a long way down the road yet. So many things to get done between here and there.

-Guy

I understand, that's cool. I for one would love to see you guys produce some sort of axe or hatchet. In the meantime I will continue to drool over my knives.

Btw, those ferro notches are SUPERB. They throw a freakin' shower of sparks from a rod, like massively more sparks than any striker or the back of any other knife I have.

Back