SURVIVE! Starter

Remember guys, this is a starter program. Even after this program ends there is no timeline to receive the blades you ordered. I am excited as the everyone, but lets keep this in mind. It has been said before but it's worth saying again, If you are looking to have a blade by a certain time DO NOT use the starter program it will only cause heart ache. If you can wait patiently you will be rewarded with a price discount and and great tool!

^ yes.

We have quite a few of the GSO-4.1s so I expect them to be in stock for at least a few days. There is always someone sleeping when we open up ordering, why can't the world be flat?! hahah. I will see about getting them listed a bit earlier in the day.

Haha, thank you Ellie! Yes, why can't the world be flat? Since you're already miracle workers over there at Survive!, can't you and Guy do something about that when you're at it? ;)

Thanks!!! Sorry if I asked for info that was already out there.

Remember guys, this is a starter program. Even after this program ends there is no timeline to receive the blades you ordered. I am excited as the everyone, but lets keep this in mind. It has been said before but it's worth saying again, If you are looking to have a blade by a certain time DO NOT use the starter program it will only cause heart ache. If you can wait patiently you will be rewarded with a price discount and and great tool!

Well said!

On a slightly related note: I keep checking Facebook for renderings of the new and updated knives and every time I look there are more posts by DW and NF. These guys are way out of line and I really hope Guy and Ellie keep holding their heads high and forget about all that negativity. I know from situations that I've been in that a negative and vocal minority can suck all my attention and energy. I do like the excitement and encouragement that the majority share.

Well said!

On a slightly related note: I keep checking Facebook for renderings of the new and updated knives and every time I look there are more posts by DW and NF. These guys are way out of line and I really hope Guy and Ellie keep holding their heads high and forget about all that negativity. I know from situations that I've been in that a negative and vocal minority can suck all my attention and energy. I do like the excitement and encouragement that the majority share.

I have to follow Silver Needle here! I am happy to see the mass encouragement from everyone. There will always be the one off's that try to suck the life out of anything good. All I can say is look past the small minded and drive on, great things are on the horizon!

Hey guys and girls, the modeling will be wrapped up in a bit, but I wanted to give you a little preview of the GSO-12 and GSO-2.7. Here are the blade blank profiles for each.

2015-03-14 08.42.54.jpg 2015-03-14 08.44.33.jpg

Not good with imperial units, but if I'm reading the specs correctly, the new 2.7 will be replacing the original 3.5 for a small pocket-able fixed blade, and the new 3.5 will fill the roll of a slightly smaller original 4.1 while the 4.1 will be buffed up a notch from the original yes?

If so then snap!! I'm torn between a 2.7 or the original 3.5.:(

Not good with imperial units, but if I'm reading the specs correctly, the new 2.7 will be replacing the original 3.5 for a small pocket-able fixed blade, and the new 3.5 will fill the roll of a slightly smaller original 4.1 while the 4.1 will be buffed up a notch from the original yes?

If so then snap!! I'm torn between a 2.7 or the original 3.5.:(

Yes, that is pretty close to accurate and I guess a good way of looking at it. The GSO-2.7 will be quite a bit smaller than the current GSO-3.5 though.

Great. Just when I'd decided on a 3.5 here are pics of the 2.7

Oh well, options are good :D

The 3.5 is a handy knife. I bought it under the old price structure, and felt it was a bit pricey for what it is, but under the new pricing and with 20% off, there's no excuse.

Haha, thank you Ellie! Yes, why can't the world be flat? Since you're already miracle workers over there at Survive!, can't you and Guy do something about that when you're at it? ;)

GSO-3.5 will be available tomorrow morning! One miracle at a time. :)

P.S. No, I don't know exactly what time. I can tell you it will be after I've woken up and had a chance to double check everything to make sure all is in good working order.

Last edited:
Dear Ellie,

Will there be a coating optional?

Not this time around. We are still working through r&d on some different coating options and won't have any coatings available again until Guy is 100% satisfied with something.

Back