Survivor vehicles - Let's see your ride!!!

LOL! Sorry about that. I'm sure it's taken you places where you probably shouldn't have gone. I definitely have run into "iffy" situations in my truck out in the snow, where I should have probably had a snowmobile :)

Lol. No worries, actually I get that all the time :) Man you about need a snowmachine to get around in town here right now. Old pic of my little skidoo

Lol. No worries, actually I get that all the time :) Man you about need a snowmachine to get around in town here right now. Old pic of my little skidoo

I'm about an hour drive to the Sierra Nevada's, so I don't have to drive through snow daily, but I'm really thinking about buying a few ski's. Took my wife and kids out during Christmas break and they loved it. Granted it's probably not practical, but what toy is..lol

bzjI7r.jpg

My cool hubcaps.

Here's my truck and car. ManofSteels bike's will smoke my car by the way. :)

Nice 6! I've had every BMW M model there is on the highways give it their best. I've raced everything from turbo Civics to GTR's, blow Vette's, and Lambo's and those oh so pretty Ferrari's. Roll races, out of a light, I even let a lot of them leave first. It never mattered lol. That ZX14R made 217whp on pump gas at 500lbs, power to weight ratio was insane. The gray R1 was basically stock and still put out 169.9whp on the dyno. If I could keep the front wheel down there was nothing on 4 wheels touching it from a roll. 200+mph on a bike is ludicrous and it's something I live for.

mlmcasual -

I have only seen a DMI mounted on the rear wheel(s) and never on the front like that. Have you had better success and/or any problems being mounted on the front? TIA

Nice 6! I've had every BMW M model there is on the highways give it their best. I've raced everything from turbo Civics to GTR's, blow Vette's, and Lambo's and those oh so pretty Ferrari's. Roll races, out of a light, I even let a lot of them leave first. It never mattered lol. That ZX14R made 217whp on pump gas at 500lbs, power to weight ratio was insane. The gray R1 was basically stock and still put out 169.9whp on the dyno. If I could keep the front wheel down there was nothing on 4 wheels touching it from a roll. 200+mph on a bike is ludicrous and it's something I live for.

Thanks, I like it and it's plentry enough speed for me. Those bikes are fast and I don't even try to race them. I'm sure it's a rush though, but being married with kids I have to watch the risks I take. Have to stick with four wheels :)

Thanks, I like it and it's plentry enough speed for me. Those bikes are fast and I don't even try to race them. I'm sure it's a rush though, but being married with kids I have to watch the risks I take. Have to stick with four wheels :)

Recently married, no kids yet but I understand what you mean. The wife loved me track racing, she hated it every time I took one of them out on the street. I'm looking at a new Mustang now so I can race my old man's 69 Mach I. A fast car will keep me off 2 wheels for her and still get my jollies off.

Some cool vehicles!!!! Love the Samurai and the Pathfinder.

Supertac - What year is your 6? Nice cars!!! I got into a little race and chase with one of those in my little German get up and go car a few years ago. Here's my current one and the river boat.....

Recently married, no kids yet but I understand what you mean. The wife loved me track racing, she hated it every time I took one of them out on the street. I'm looking at a new Mustang now so I can race my old man's 69 Mach I. A fast car will keep me off 2 wheels for her and still get my jollies off.

After we get married and especially kids our priorities do change. Glad your wife is pretty cool and "letting" you get a four wheel toy. It's a little safer..haha

Love the Porche OBX. It's a 2007 M6 with the V10 500hps engine. I like it until I get the bill when it's in the shop :)

Some cool vehicles!!!! Love the Samurai and the Pathfinder.

Supertac - What year is your 6? Nice cars!!! I got into a little race and chase with one of those in my little German get up and go car a few years ago. Here's my current one and the river boat.....

Love the Porche OBX. It's a 2007 M6 with the V10 500hps engine. I like it until I get the bill when it's in the shop :)

TY!! Your M6 is a better car than the current ones. I don't know why BMW has gone in reverse when it comes to their M5 and M6s.

These cars aren't cheap, but as they say "if you want to play......"

Have you tracked it? I haven't tracked this one but I did the one before. It's an interesting feeling going from 120+ to 50/60 in a few seconds to make a 90+ degree turn in your daily beater!

Yeah, that's why I picked up the 2007 because they went to the V8 turbo's and paddle shifters. I like the V10 and 6 speed manual transmission better. I haven't actually tracked her yet because I went out on a drive a few months ago and had a high pressure oil hose burst in the crank case. Fried out my rod and crank shaft bearings, so it needs a engine rebuild or replacement. Tough part about these exotic "Super Cars" is that they require highly specialized mechanics and systems. I'm debating whether to rebuild the engine, but the problem is finding parts, or swapping out the engine with a low mileage one from a salvaged M5 or M6. The issue with the 2nd option is not knowing how the engine was used or if there might be something wrong with it.

I usually just go with a group of my buddies through the Gold country or up Hwy 1. Here's a lineup of some of the cars, but there's few Lambo's and Masserati's that are missing. I feel you on the "Gotta pay to play".. Get's pretty expensive sometimes and turns out my knife addiction is way cheaper..lol

My photobucket keeps freezing up, but here's about half the cars we drive around with. Some of them track their cars, but mostly the Porche's.

TY!! Your M6 is a better car than the current ones. I don't know why BMW has gone in reverse when it comes to their M5 and M6s.

These cars aren't cheap, but as they say "if you want to play......"

Have you tracked it? I haven't tracked this one but I did the one before. It's an interesting feeling going from 120+ to 50/60 in a few seconds to make a 90+ degree turn in your daily beater!

Yeah, that's why I picked up the 2007 because they went to the V8 turbo's and paddle shifters. I like the V10 and 6 speed manual transmission better. I haven't actually tracked her yet because I went out on a drive a few months ago and had a high pressure oil hose burst in the crank case. Fried out my rod and crank shaft bearings, so it needs a engine rebuild or replacement. Tough part about these exotic "Super Cars" is that they require highly specialized mechanics and systems. I'm debating whether to rebuild the engine, but the problem is finding parts, or swapping out the engine with a low mileage one from a salvaged M5 or M6. The issue with the 2nd option is not knowing how the engine was used or if there might be something wrong with it.

I usually just go with a group of my buddies through the Gold country or up Hwy 1. Here's a lineup of some of the cars, but there's few Lambo's and Masserati's that are missing. I feel you on the "Gotta pay to play".. Get's pretty expensive sometimes and turns out my knife addiction is way cheaper..lol

My photobucket keeps freezing up, but here's about half the cars we drive around with. Some of them track their cars, but mostly the Porche's.

Sorry to hear about the engine problem. It might be worth trying to find another M6 for all the work, potential unknowns and the additional depreciation that a miss matched numbered car will take if and when you want to sell or trade it. You definitely want the naturally aspirated manual. That's why I bought mine, last of of the regular breathing 3.8 engines with a stick in the first year they brought back the Targa (and properly brought back with a roll bar in aluminum housing).

Sorry to hear about the engine problem. It might be worth trying to find another M6 for all the work, potential unknowns and the additional depreciation that a miss matched numbered car will take if and when you want to sell or trade it. You definitely want the naturally aspirated manual. That's why I bought mine, last of of the regular breathing 3.8 engines with a stick in the first year they brought back the Targa (and properly brought back with a roll bar in aluminum housing).

It goes with the game of playing with these high end exotics. Been wondering if I should just sell it and start all over again or spend another $10,000 on the money pit. Haven't decided yet, so it's been a pretty garage ornament for awhile. Right now I'm just having fun with my Tundra and going places the M6 couldn't. Decisions, Decisions, of where to throw away more money..lol All I can say is since the M6 went down I have a whole lot of extra money to buy knives :)

Go buy a BMW S1000RR. It'll make you happier and cost 1/5th the money.

My wife would shoot me and although I'm a grown man my parents would hand her the gun...lol I grew up hearing stories from my Dad about the "Donor Cycle" accidents that used to go through the ER. Some were just idiots DUI's or driving too fast on the highways, but many were hit by cars and SUVs that didn't see them. Still remember my Dad coming home from work and sitting down for dinner and him telling me how they had to amputate a guys left arm and leg because he laid his bike down on the freeway going 90 mph. Also, had a client of mine die in a motorcycle accident after he lost control hit a curb and ended going head first into a tree. Left behind a wife and two young kids. I'm sure they're fun and a blast, but I'd pretty much have to go through hell and back to get on one.. :)

... I grew up hearing stories from my Dad about the "Donor Cycle" accidents that used to go through the ER...

Just drive faster :p In our department, motorcycle organ donors are only those moving slow enough to protect their internal organs from the substantial G-forces experienced on impact. Road-kill is often no good for eating - same principle applies with organ donation. Morbid, I know.

But let's be honest, ~16% of US organ donors in the past 4 decades came as a result of MVA. In 2010, 1,255 organ donors died in an MVA, of the total 32,885 MVA deaths that year. Of the 32,885 deaths, only 14% (4,502) were motorcyclists - pedestrians were 13%, pedacyclists accounted for 2%. The rest are car/truck drivers and passengers. When the calculate your risk of dying in a motorcycle crash, they do it as a proportion of miles traveled on said motorcycle - motorcycles account for only ~1% of miles driven, but what percentage do you think pedestrians make up?

Be careful out there.

Oh, and I drive a Honda Civic or a Toyota Sienna, depending on how many family members are present :) I used to commute on a bicycle when we lived within 10 miles of my workplace, but now we're some 30 miles out. none of the above deserve a photo ;)

Just drive faster :p In our department, motorcycle organ donors are only those moving slow enough to protect their internal organs from the substantial G-forces experienced on impact. Road-kill is often no good for eating - same principle applies with organ donation. Morbid, I know.

But let's be honest, ~16% of US organ donors in the past 4 decades came as a result of MVA. In 2010, 1,255 organ donors died in an MVA, of the total 32,885 MVA deaths that year. Of the 32,885 deaths, only 14% (4,502) were motorcyclists - pedestrians were 13%, pedacyclists accounted for 2%. The rest are car/truck drivers and passengers. When the calculate your risk of dying in a motorcycle crash, they do it as a proportion of miles traveled on said motorcycle - motorcycles account for only ~1% of miles driven, but what percentage do you think pedestrians make up?

Be careful out there.

Oh, and I drive a Honda Civic or a Toyota Sienna, depending on how many family members are present :) I used to commute on a bicycle when we lived within 10 miles of my workplace, but now we're some 30 miles out. none of the above deserve a photo ;)

Do the statistics change if I'm Asian? :)

Back