Svord Golok

Condor Pack Golok is quite handy. I doubt you would regret buying one if you use machetes periodically in the woods.

Where exactly can you buy a Svord knife? I have never seen one offered that I noticed?

Well, I guess the Condor is a very different kind of Golok. Shorter blade and completely different blade geometry. To me, the blade design of the Svord looks so much more useful. And only imagining to sharpen that extremely curved blade of the Condor makes me not want to buy it! :D
Just my opinion.

I bought one of these about 5+ years ago from Kylie Harris. It is a great tool to have with you when you don’t want to carry a full kit of knife and axe/ in other words, for a quick hike or trip. I am sure it could do much more. I love the look of the hammer marks and heat treating and it its a beast when it comes to chopping.
I recently bought a Finnish Skrama which is close in the purpose of use. Either is a great buy and exceptional value.
I checked and the Svord site is still up, so if you want one, http://www.svord.com/index.php
This is not a ad. Someone asked above in the comments. I have no connection with either knife company (or any other)

Just Say No to necro-threads. This one was started in 08.--KV

This is about the only forum I've seen where people seem to get upset about continuing older threads. What, let's erase history? Can I talk about knives I purchased 50 years ago? They are not the latest super steel.

This is about the only forum I've seen where people seem to get upset about continuing older threads. What, let's erase history? Can I talk about knives I purchased 50 years ago? They are not the latest super steel.
How about starting a new thread so it will be relevant to the people here now, not the people that were discussing it 12 years ago that very likely are no longer here.--KV

This discussion is quite relevant to me today, in two respects. First, i am currently struggling with a Martindale Golok, from which the Svord ia obviously derived. I paid $37 for the Martindale. The Svord lists for $172. I hope that price is in Australian dollars or something, and that the street price is quite a bit lower, because you cannot pack enough chopping wonderfulness into an 11 1/2” blade to make it worth $172.

OTOH, I am not going to get the Martindale to cut anything without a lot of reprofiling and thinning of the edge. At 72, I don’t have enough years left ahead of me to get that job done with hand tools. The Svord looks to have a higher shoulder and presumably a thinner grind. That gives me something to shoot for if that grind is high enough to let it cut.

Second, I am curious to learn how well the Svord golok cuts in relation to the Condor Golok and the various parangs. I hope that will give me some insight into how much I might expect from my Martindale.

I have a Svord Golok inbound, and have a Martindale Golok, Tramontina as well. Should make for an interesting comparison despite the varied price points.... If Darren Cutsworth is still around, he was an excellent source for quality Martindale products....

Back