Svord Peasant Liner Lock

I placed an order for some Svord Peasants a while back on KnifeCenter.com during a shortage (they were on backorder for a few weeks). Just today I received my order: two 2.5" Peasants and a 3" Peasant, all carbon steel. This won't sound all that interesting until I tell you that the 3" model I received is a heretofore unknown liner lock variation. I have searched high and low on the internet to see if this thing has been advertised for or mentioned in any capacity, but to no avail (I could find only threads inquiring about modifying the existing friction folding model to liner lock status). It isn't listed on Knife Center or even Svord's own website. According to the web, it doesn't exist. It came in the typical Svord brown cardstock packaging, though it was labeled with a hot pink sticker reading "LINER LOCK". I reached out to Knife Center about getting the original Peasant I ordered, though I don't want to send this one back (for obvious reasons I hope) - I'm happy to pay for a new one, but I digress. Their customer service department was closed by then and I'm not expecting a response until Monday at the earliest; I'm pretty much in the dark as of right now.

I took photos of it for the purposes of sharing here but I'm hesitant to do so just yet. In the event that this is some sort of prototype or tester model for Knife Center, or a yet to be announced stock that some poor soul in the warehouse sent me by mistake, I'm worried if I post pictures I may be liable to some sort of legal trouble. If any of the senior members here could assure me that wouldn't be the case I'll gladly show the lot of you.

In the time being, this is wild! My days are usually pretty mundane but this definitely shook things up.

I can't imagine how you could be in any legal trouble by posting a picture of something someone sent you. That aside if it was an error on the part of some individual they might find themself in some hot water if you post something that wasn't supposed to be out yet. You could always contact them and ask them...

would you post the model number from your order?

The invoice that came with the package has the same SKU as the regular friction folding model (SVO133), which adds to my suspicion that an employee made a mistake. I'll post the invoice and package for now; until KnifeCenter responds to me I feel a little uncomfortable sharing pictures of unmarketed products.

That’s cool, I wonder if it is a demo/prototype that slipped through and got sent out.

Please just post the pictures.
"Mistakes" would only be Good marketing on their part, as otherwise we wouldn't be talking about this..... And it would then appear to be Spam???

Reactions: DMG
That is really cool. I like it.
Svord did quite a few variations on the peasant a few years back which are not on their website now. One was 12c27 steel in the blades. There were also different blade shapes.
I was busy at the time and put off getting the stainless version. I kick myself for that now.
I'm assuming that is from that time.

I would worry that the liner would be too flimsy or not engage the back of the blade securely.

That is cool, how is the action and lockup?
The action on my liner lock peasant is quite tight and fairly gritty. A drop or two of Ballistol and just actuating it maybe a hundred times would make a real difference. Lockup is rock solid.

Last edited:
Back