Svord Peasant Mini?

I just ordered one with wood handles because I like the classy look of that. I hope to EDC this along with my fixed blade. Thoughts on the Svord Peasant Mini.

svord3.jpg

**Not my photo**

The svord l6 steel sharpens up like a razor.

Great little knives
I'm getting tired of all these "tactical" knives. I wanted something traditional and something that I can beat on. I feel like this is it. Heard a lot of good things. Never had a friction folder before. Don't know if I'll need a sheath made or not. I got the wood version because I prefer the classy look. I'm sure I can get it to shave.

I'm getting tired of all these "tactical" knives. I wanted something traditional and something that I can beat on. I feel like this is it. Heard a lot of good things. Never had a friction folder before. Don't know if I'll need a sheath made or not. I got the wood version because I prefer the classy look. I'm sure I can get it to shave.
I'd recommend a sheath.

I pocket carry the full size without any problem. Mine came with a really screwed up edge but the L6 is so easy to sharpen I had it fixed up in no time.

My only real complaint is that they put the stop pin in the wrong place and the blade ends up hitting the screw when closed. Hopefully they fixed that by now.

I pocket carry the full size without any problem. Mine came with a really screwed up edge but the L6 is so easy to sharpen I had it fixed up in no time.

My only real complaint is that they put the stop pin in the wrong place and the blade ends up hitting the screw when closed. Hopefully they fixed that by now.
I can let you know in about a week when it arrives. lol

It has no lock to keep it closed. Every friction folder should come with a sheath for safety.

I don't own one, but have seen a few. Don't expect the edge to be great and there may be a few things you might want to sandpaper or file. For the money, they are OK.

If your L6 blade is easy to sharpen, Svord is not taking advantage of the capabilities of L6. It's a steel that can go fairly high in hardness (e.g. RC60) but still remain chip-free.

It has no lock to keep it closed. Every friction folder should come with a sheath for safety.

I don't own one, but have seen a few. Don't expect the edge to be great and there may be a few things you might want to sandpaper or file. For the money, they are OK.

If your L6 blade is easy to sharpen, Svord is not taking advantage of the capabilities of L6. It's a steel that can go fairly high in hardness (e.g. RC60) but still remain chip-free.
I may just use a piece of leather and bind the blade to the handle as I don't very much care for things on my belt since I do have a Glock 43 and extra mag on there already.

I realize this may come across as a stupid question but I have never actually seen a svord let alone handled one... Is the "tang" on the svord something you hold in place with you palm while using the knife and the wood grip just there to make it more comfortable? Or am I missing something?

I realize this may come across as a stupid question but I have never actually seen a svord let alone handled one... Is the "tang" on the svord something you hold in place with you palm while using the knife and the wood grip just there to make it more comfortable? Or am I missing something?
It's a friction holder. The tang rest against your hand and that makes the locking mech. Always have a firm grip on a friction folder.

I may just use a piece of leather and bind the blade to the handle as I don't very much care for things on my belt since I do have a Glock 43 and extra mag on there already.

My friction folder has a simple pouch sheath I made myself and the sheathed knife sits in my pocket. Some people make a pouch with cloth, like old jeans. Since its a folder it doesn,t need to be leather. Mine is deerskin. I can attach a lanyard, but usually don't.

I take one of those clipped eyeglass pouches and run a stitch up it to make it narrower. Then I cut off the excess. My svord sits in my left back pocket in it at work. Bad for car apholstery while not at work although you could prolly side pocket carry with it then.

They are neat. Svord started a trend with this style of knife a few years back.
My Mini peasant is red ....always makes me think of a chili ..
Being in Oz I have a few svords ... The machete .....Golok........Von Tempsky ....370BB.....couple of peasants
Most in L6...but I'm pretty sure Svord uses some other steel these days 15n20

Got my svord in today. The edge is straight and the blade is literally shaving sharp. I cut myself within 5mins of opening the package. I wasn't expecting that for a $22 dollar knife. I may order the plastic version next. Imma see how these wood handles hold. The blade no longer touches the rear screw. They did change that.

Back