Swayback... instant classic!

Swayback. The lines just flow. Blade finish is so clean. Plus that sculptured handle, like on a Slysz Bowie. Awesome, awesome knife. Imho Swayback is an instant Spyderco classic...

20190714-DSCF3281-Edit.jpg

I’ll be updating this thread...

(yeah, I’ll change the clip for something a bit more subtle)

Last edited:
Nice photo and I agree. I liked it when I got it and now I like it even more. I love how it feels in the hand and the blade is beautiful. It reminds me of simple slip lock knives I had as a kid - only beefier, funkier. After using it and seeing how functional the shape of blade is I am now looking much more closely at other Wharncliffe knife options.

Glad you like yours too. Someone needs to make pocket clips for these and the smock. The MXG gear clips are the generic one size fits all and the smock/swayback screws are a little smaller than regular spyderco knives. Aftermarket clips tend to wiggle a little due to hole size unless you tighten down hard.

I’ve found this clip to be flush with the top of the knife on the fold.
https://mxggear.com/collections/par...-deep-carry-pocket-clip-for-spyderco-knife-23

Yep, MXG has the only deep carry clip option I’ve seen that doesn’t hang over the end. I’ve got the solid version of the split clip linked above and it’s working great so far.

Great looking knife. I really like the blade shape and the quality that the Taiwan factory produces.

Personally I think the clip looks great.

I would love to have one of these one day.

I'm using the MXG Gear 103021 Ti clip. Not deep carry but looks good. Received a Lynch clip today, unfortunately it hangs over the top edge of the knife significantly. Tried a couple of other Spyderco Lynch clips I had on hand: same result. The MXG clip is pricey ($45) but looks great on the knife. I did have to do a small bit of grinding on the bottom of MXG as it was too tight to slip onto jeans as it came stock. There's a pic of the MXG clip in the Spyderco section under the Swayback thread.

My "spare" Swayback, purchased on the Exchange, is due this week. Great carry knife IMO.

I'm using the MXG Gear 103021 Ti clip. Not deep carry but looks good. Received a Lynch clip today, unfortunately it hangs over the top edge of the knife significantly. Tried a couple of other Spyderco Lynch clips I had on hand: same result. The MXG clip is pricey ($45) but looks great on the knife. I did have to do a small bit of grinding on the bottom of MXG as it was too tight to slip onto jeans as it came stock. There's a pic of the MXG clip in the Spyderco section under the Swayback thread.

My "spare" Swayback, purchased on the Exchange, is due this week. Great carry knife IMO.
I saw you snag that backup swayback and I was contemplating doing the same haha. I will more than likely buy myself a backup when another hits the secondary used.

:):thumbsup:

For once I was at the right place at the right time!

Hope you're able to pick another one up.

Just snagged one on the exchange, should be here this week! Reminds me of an old school barlow on steroids! Can't wait to get it in hand.

Someone needs to make pocket clips for these and the smock.

Hopefully Lynch will make a proper clip for the SwayBack and Machined Version for the Drunken. Lynch already makes a few that fit the Smock well!

This one is now my choice. It's the MXGGEAR 102161. The finish (plain finish) is a virtual match for the Swayback. Clip is perfect height as well - precisely even with the top of the scales.

2A603EE1-0898-49D6-B457-F5822FE5DDCC.jpeg

Last edited:
Back