Swiss Champ on tour 🇦🇺🇺🇸🇮🇪🇬🇧

sonofwilfred

🇦🇺
Platinum Member
This is a thread for my mate S Storm 8593 .

A little background history, I bought this particular Swiss Champ in 1999 in pretty good shape second hand for 70 Australia dollars.

I carried it a fair bit when I first bought it but like most of us do, it became a now and then knife. We all have other knives that deserve to be carried and the Champ just took it's turn when I felt like it. I carried this knife on the day I was married and I actually used it that day in church to pull a pin that the dress maker had left sewn into a seam of the wedding dress and was poking my wife. I took it on my honeymoon to Africa the next week for a month, needless to say it came in handy there too.

I have taken this Swiss Champ with me on every road and off road trip I have been on. If your not sure what tools you need why not take them all I say 😀

My son and I love apples and this guy has peeled more apples then I can count.

If we needed a knife I used to tell my boy to go get the big red knife in the second drawer. And sure enough he would come back with it every time. Eventually he said to me one day we should just call it our holiday knife because we always take it on our holidays and looking back I always have.

My current adventure is back to Ireland to see my wife's family with a few trips here and there when I can. During the bag transfers from Los Angeles to New York my bag had it's TSA approved locks removed and not put back on. My heart sunk and I had convinced myself the holiday knife had been confiscated. But thankfully I was wrong. Everything was still in perfect order as I remembered it. My first task in Ireland was to cut the wrapping off my wife's stuffed suitcase.

I'll keep a log of what I get up too and where I go with it here in this thread instead of clogging other threads up with a model you might not be interested in.

Dan.

Last edited:
Dan, I’m horrible documenting my knives on a trip. I have faith you’ll do much better!!!

Dan, I’m horrible documenting my knives on a trip. I have faith you’ll do much better!!!
Jim the best part of the last few weeks was "where is Jim today?" Then going and looking on a map to find out "where the hell is that actually" 😀

Back