T.R.E. Three Rapid Exchange LionSTEEL

Sorry if its been covered yet, but any other g10 colors coming out. Blue or red perhaps?

Hi, Gianni.

The thumbdisc on my Ti was a hard fit also.
Mine is in for exchange and that's why I have asked that you install BOTH the flipper AND the disc.

BTW -- you've been promising to return my TRE for weeks now but I have never received a tracking number.
I hope you haven't lost my TRE.

Thanks.

All the TRE are going to be sent today.

Could you please confirm that mine is one of the all?....thanks!

Yours seems to have taken a very long time for you to get a replacement?!

I know LionSteel was down for the Summer holidays in August but I think you sent yours in sometime in late July.

Last edited:
Yours seems to have taken a very long time for you to get a replacement?!

I know LionSteel was down for the Summer holidays in August but I think you sent yours in sometime in late July.

My replacement Ti TRE has finally arrived -- it has been a long wait.

Out of the box, flipping is greatly improved. I much prefer the new stonewashed blade to the old satin.

Thanks, Gianni!

tumblr_nvn90mpvh21sibzg9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvn90mpvh21sibzg9o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nvn90mpvh21sibzg9o3_1280.jpg

LionSTEEL T.R.E. Carbon fibre with free lionSTEEL Eskaper.

T.R.E. brothers:
tumblr_nvn90mpvh21sibzg9o4_1280.jpg

I've been carrying my TRE TI Blue now for a good 2-3 months. It's one of my most favored EDC folders. I use both the flipper tab and thumb disc. The latter so that I don't make a noise. It's very smooth now. Flipper action is good. Blade hasn't moved at all since the loctite and well centered. Slices very well. So light and classy!

I made the CF one thumb disc only but don't carry it much. Retired the G-10 Orange as it's my only one with a satin blade.

I've got a black G-10 version on the way from a dealer who just received his inventory in September. I assume this will be stonewashed with a stronger or good detent? I'm excited either way!

I've got a black G-10 version on the way from a dealer who just received his inventory in September. I assume this will be stonewashed with a stronger or good detent? I'm excited either way!

Correct on stonewashed. My G-10 definitely has better flipper action than CF & TI while still being part of the very first batch.

Just got my T.R.E. in blue today. First impressions are excellent. Fit and finish are great.

The flipper action is pretty good. I ordered directly from Lionsteel and requested the stronger detent fo better flipper action. Just out of the box and the flipper is working almost every time. I can already feel it getting a little smoother as I play with it.

Love the overall look and feel. The knife is extremely light, but feels very sturdy. The ridges on the blade also improve the grip over a smooth blade.

The blue on the clip is a little lighter than I thought (I would call it Infantry Blue, since it seems to match my blue cord). I expected it to be a bit brighter, but I think I like this better.

Although I have only had this for a couple hours, this is going to take the place of my primary EDC. Bought this for a user, and I think it will work great for that. This is my first Lionsteel knife and I am very impressed.

Nice! Opened mine today...smaller than I thought but nice. I assumed it would be small sebenza size but it's just a tad smaller. Very light. Unfortunately the flipping action is medium to weak. I can preload like a Hinderer but all around not great for the price. I'm still a Lionsteel fan....just don't feel like having to ship it to Italy and have to wait some time to carry a new purchase. I'll be sending it back to the dealer. :(

I want to get a couple good flippers. Thinking about the G10 TRE for a smaller flipper. I like the CF version better but seems many people think the flipping action is better on the G10 version given the stronger detent. Sort of makes sense to me that the G10 version would need reliable flipping since that is the only way to open it. Does the G10 version have a better flipping action?

As for the bigger flipper the hunt continues.

Last edited:
My buddy just gave me 300$ for a lil lionspy I did some modding to even though I told him 200$. Which ment I ordered the CR tre which I will pimp out with a lil tamascus once I get use to it. Cant wait.

Got the knife and in general was imprrssed but did have a few area which could have been looked at better. I got started on my pimping.

Back