taco vs pancake sheaths

pancake style
DSCF7620.jpg

Damn thats the one I want.....

What would you recommend for a DPx HEST Original Fixed Blade? And what attachments besides a ferro rod holder?

I'm failing to see how you actually mount a taco. The good thing about pancakes is that you can grab a piece of 550 and hang it on your bag, attach it to your belt or to your leg and it's properly secured. Taco's are nice if you just put it in your jeans or jacket pocket. Just my 2 cents.

I'm failing to see how you actually mount a taco. The good thing about pancakes is that you can grab a piece of 550 and hang it on your bag, attach it to your belt or to your leg and it's properly secured. Taco's are nice if you just put it in your jeans or jacket pocket. Just my 2 cents.

Uh, there are still holes you can mount a TechLok, G-clip or just regular loops to them...

AzwelkeSRRodent4SheathRd01.jpg

I just ordered a taco sheath for my BK11 because I like not having the extra "material" which might make it easier to carry.

I'll get back to this thread with my experience once I've gotten my sheath from AZwelke... Looking forward to it, actually!

I think the pancake style offers more carry options because of all the extra lash points. But I think a pancake has cleaner lines. Comes down to do you need different carry options and also personal pref on looks

This ^^^

Forgot to also mention that for the reasons previously stated, I seem to prefer Taco for smaller knives and Pancake for the larger ones.

Less sheath is more high speed/low drag for carrying the smaller knives like our beloved Tweeners while the larger knives would more likely to be attached to something (like a pack) or have stuff attavhed to them (like a smaller knife, Altoids kit, etc.)

You can lash a taco with 550 just like you do with a pancake.

And Welcome to the forums.

Back